]]>

***Yoga 2 Pro Owners Thread***

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by JayWalker7, Oct 20, 2013.

1. UncleSpam

UncleSpam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1. Try uninstalling the audio driver, rebooting and then reinstalling it. I've seen situations where the driver configuration gets screwed up and this "may" fix it.

2. For a hardware option (external), you can get a Digital to Analog audio hardware device that uses (and is powered by the...) USB port. I use one for my larger setup and works very well (Micca Origen+ DAC, but there are cheaper options as well).

3. The headphone connector can probably be replaced, but you'd need a Lenovo part number to have it done correctly.

Hope this helps... and keep those screws tight :)

Cam001 likes this.
  2. Cam001

Cam001 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've actually already tried the first. When I downloaded and installed the audio driver from the Lenovo website, it automatically uninstalled the existing driver before installing the one I had downloaded. It then restarted upon completion of the installation. No luck. I don't know what could have happened to make it a hardware problem. As I've mentioned, I keep my laptop in good condition. It was sitting on my desk overnight, so I have no idea what occurred in the meantime.

3. UncleSpam

Reputations:
    Does Windows detect the insertion of the headphone plug?

Did you then check the volume levels (independent from speaker volume)?

4. Cam001

Cam001 Newbie

Reputations:
    No, Windows doesn't even detect the insertion of the headphone plug.

5. UncleSpam

Reputations:
    I still suspect the driver... is THIS the driver?

Some users have had luck by repeatedly (30x or more) connecting and removing the plug, or by squeezing/tapping the area above or below the headphone jack.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  6. wankel7

wankel7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After looking at the costs to buy a new Ultrabook I decided to refresh my Y2P. I picked up a Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD on Amazon for $165 to upgrade my stock 256GB SSD. I wanted to do the 1TB but at $352 I didn't need that much storage.

I also finally got the Wireless AC card : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GUNZUG0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The wireless card install was a breeze and my wifi connection is rock solid. I am not sure why I waited this long to do that.

The SSD drive upgrade was a little more cumbersome. I used this thread as a guide. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...pgrading-the-SSD-in-a-Yoga-2-Pro/td-p/1389081

I ended up having issues with partitioning the new drive and I wasn't sure how to get the unallocated space into the C: drive. So, I decided to download a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 from the MS site. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8 It turns out the software Key is embedded in the Y2P so no issue there.

With a fresh copy of 8.1 there is no bloatware. I was able to download all the drivers from Lenovo and everything works.

I did do a benchmarck on the old SSD verses new SSD and it is quite a bit faster. Before the upgrade and windows reinstall I couldn't play 4k video without it being choppy. It is smooth as butter now [​IMG] So, all in all it was worth it....I will get a few more years out of this thing [​IMG]

One pro tip on pulling the connector of the batterey free for the SSD and Wifi Card upgrade...use your fingers and not metal tweasers.

The one issue is that I can no longer log into my old Microsoft account with Windows. I spent 3 hours with Microsoft Support...they took control of my laptop and couldn't fix it. So, my Onedrive days are over but I switched to Amazon Prime Photo storage.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  7. wankel7

wankel7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, I discovered an issue. The battery consumption is out of control :/

Airplane mode, dimmed display, the CPU is hovering around 1 - 3 % at .76 ghz and I am seeing around 9,000 mW up to about 13,000 in the lowest power setting on Energy Manager. I used to see around 5,100 mW to 7,000 mW in this configuration. Ideas?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  8. gilgamesh0

gilgamesh0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've been seeing a new problem with the yellow color fix and EM since upgrading to Windows 10 last year (I think that's when it started, have waited for a while to investigate).

Basically the yellow fix in general continues to work as before with the latest energy manager and bios -- however what I'm finding is that periodically it just "goes away", basically the colors revert to how they are without the fix applied.. similar to how it looks when you first boot up, before energy manager starts up and the color correction kicks in.

Whenever this happens, I can remedy it fairly quickly within energy manager, by selecting a different mode (say Cinema) and then selecting Daily Mode (which I normally run in) again, and the colors come back to normal.

It's a pain to have to regularly do this though. It may be that this is being triggered when the screen dims due to inactivity, seems that way offhand, but I haven't been tracking it carefully (since usually I'm not paying attention at such moments by definition :p). Adaptive brightness (or what seems to be the equivalent in win10) is not enabled.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Any known remedy? Thanks.

9. JustoVerlander

JustoVerlander Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,

Over the last few weeks I realized the driver for the laptop camera was gone, and there was just nothing under the driver manager. I went on the lenovo site, and downloaded one of the camera drivers, which seemed to work for a day, but today when I tried to skype with someone, the light turns on (which it didn't before) but no image shows up in Skype or with the camera app. Does anyone have any ideas?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/...books/yoga-series/yoga-2-pro-lenovo/downloads

I tried both the Bison and Liteon drivers, but neither of them seems to work. The Bison worked a few weeks ago, but not now. Am I using the wrong driver, or is it possible my camera has just physically died, and there is nothing I can do about it? My hope is that its just a software issue, as that's what seemed to be the issue originally, but now I'm not so sure. I rarely use my camera, and usually keep it covered with a sticker (yes I'm paranoid), but I think there might be a chance that the Fall Creators Update messed it up, but I don't use the camera enough to know for sure. Would appreciate any thoughts.