]]>

***Yoga 2 Pro Owners Thread***

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by JayWalker7, Oct 20, 2013.

1. DudeFromKalispell

DudeFromKalispell Newbie

Reputations:
    I dont have another monitor at hand,but could try my tv,would that show the difference? As to the question about the manufacturer,are there actually different y2p generations with different displays? That would be first time I heard about that,when I have read hundreds of posts over the last year or so.
    Thanks for the replies guys

2. UncleSpam

UncleSpam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My color profile makes a very subtle change to the default Y2P color space.

The only thing I can think of is that your machine has a modified color profile via some other means, such as the Intel color correction tools and that interferes with my profile.

The Yoga 2 Pro only had the Samsung panel with the Yoga Yellow issue.

Also, make sure that you are using the latest version. This is for the latest version of the Lenovo energy manager.

Ping me privately if you still have questions.

3. DudeFromKalispell

DudeFromKalispell Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, I actually did use the older one posted back on page 178, now I used the updated one for the .51 Energy Manager. To me, switching from f.e. the standard sRGB or Adobe RGB 1998 to your profile does not seem "subtle", I can see a noticeable difference in the whites immediately. I dont know, maybe the display takes a second or my eyes get used to it...starts to look normal after a short while. No way to demonstrate that here.

I haven't touched any of the Intel Color Settings in the driver Settings. Driver version is 20.19.15.4474.

If there is a way to message you privately, I'd be glad to, but couldn't find it so far.

4. UncleSpam

UncleSpam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @DudeFromKalispell

You don't want to use sRGB or Adobe RGB in your color profiles... remove all and use no profile or my own profile.

I started a conversation with you, in case you needed.

5. ck787

ck787 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HI All,

I have a Y2P that is a couple of years old. I upgraded to w10 a few months ago and have noticed several issues (not sure if it is related). I would appreciate any advice:

• When I close the lid (not shutdown) and open it back up the computer seems to lag when waking back up. Sometimes it becomes very laggy and I have to restart
    • Screen: Occasionally I will get a flicker, it goes completely black for about 1-2 seconds, and then comes back on. Doesn't seem to be any problems after that.
    • Mouse: Changes speed when closing and opening lid. I do not use an external mouse.
    • I'm running f.lux and Classic Shell. Never had any issues with them before W10
    I've only updated drivers when upgrading to W10, probably done though Microsoft. I'm not really computer savvy so may need a little more explanation if I have to update drivers or look at anything else.

I really appreciate any advice!

6. gilgamesh0

gilgamesh0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For screen flicker, right click on the desktop and click Graphics Properties to open Intel Graphics Control Panel -- inside, click Power, then On Battery in the menu on the left (you're probably seeing what you describe only on battery power)

In the options shown, disable Display Power Saving Technology.. AND/OR Panel Self-Refresh. I say and/or, because I'm not really certain which does the trick.. I remember in the past ending up disabling both, and that did it, as I had trouble determining which it was. They get re-enabled when the driver is updated (just happened to me the other day), so I'm currently trying with just DPST disabled, will see if that does it. I believe Panel Self-Refresh yields a fair bit of battery savings, so seems better to leave on if it works ok with it (but I base that on not much direct knowledge). Anyway, I'm pretty sure that between the two, it solves the problem -- if anyone can confirm which one is the culprit, by all means chime in. :)

Re f.lux, I'm running it, haven't had any problems.. is it not working?

7. gilgamesh0

Reputations:
    To follow up on the above, it seems to be Panel Self-Refresh that is the culprit for that (i.e. the occasional random screen flickering to black for a number of seconds).. having said that, I was reminded that Display Power Saving Technology is also responsible for screen brightness adjusting in rather schizophrenic fashion, hence why I had had that disabled also. Battery impact aside, I have the most consistent screen experience with both of those disabled.

8. ck787

ck787 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Thanks, gilgamesh0 for the response. I made the suggested changes, so we'll see what happens. I do believe the ficker always happened on battery, as you mentioned. I'm not having any problems with f.lux, just wanted to mention other programs I have running to rule out any issues.

The mouse issue is driving me bonkers but something I can live with.

9. gilgamesh0

Reputations:
    That's interesting, I can't recall seeing speed changes with the mouse. I use a USB mouse (Intellimouse) frequently at home, and an MS Bluetooth mouse occasionally when away -- the top speed is slower than I'd like (I've got it maxed out in settings), but I don't think it ever changes.

10. Cam001

Cam001 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I signed up for this forum out of sheer desperation. I bought my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro January 2015. I absolutely love it except for the fact that it's not the sturdiest device. I've had to send it in three times during my warranty. Once for a defective audio jack 2 months in, once for all the screws popping out the back, and the third time due to the back cover literally popping off on one corner with my wifi card and USB port damaged as a result (No, I do not abuse my device. It has never been dropped and I carry it in a laptop case). Now, my warranty has been over for a couple of months and my audio jack started acting up again today. It was working just fine yesterday and now, I can only play sound out of my speakers. The laptop doesn't even recognize the earphones that I put into the jack. No pop-up notice about an audio device. Just doesn't even recognize that it's there. I've restarted, tried the mute/unmute thing, redownloaded the audio drivers and it's still not working. I know the earphones are fine because they work on my phone and tablet. I have a horrible feeling it's a hardware problem, but again, my warranty is already over. So three questions:
    1.) What have I not tried so far that I can still try?
    2.) Let's say this is a hardware problem. How much would it cost to get this fixed?
    3.) Let's say the fix is out of budget. Is there some substitution for the audio jack? When my wifi card stopped working, I had a Wifi adapter that I used through a USB port. Is that possible for audio?
    Thanks.