***Yoga 2 Pro Owners Thread***

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by JayWalker7, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Dwillian

Dwillian Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I upgraded to Win10 and I like it. You may want to consider upgrading while it's still free. You can always rollback within 30 days if you don't like it. That way you will still have the option of going to Win10 for free in the future.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Totally worth it.

3. gilgamesh0

gilgamesh0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just did so a couple weeks ago, and I'll vote in favor as well. A couple settings niggles and driver updates, but nothing too terribly painful for the most part so far. Seems like a better experience on net, though nothing too different as yet. Very much looking forward to using natively supported virtual desktops, however.

(Whether I will upgrade my Win 7 desktop also, well that's another matter.. leaning against there.)

4. J-Deadly

J-Deadly Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I upgraded a year ago and am very happy. I did a clean install and everything works great. I see no advantage to remaining on Win 8.1 at all IMHO.

5. Cellular-Decay

Cellular-Decay Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Glad I got Win10 while it was free. Win10 v1511 has worked really well for me for the last 8 months, and the upgrade to the 1607 Anniversary Edition seems to be working well also. I'll probably do a clean install to clear up the upgrade leftovers.

BTW: If you missed the free upgrade and are regretting it, you can still get it for free. MS is still giving free upgrades to people who use assistive technologies here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade. But hurry! MS is planning on shutting that page down and requiring you to contact MS support directly to upgrade (and then only if you really require assistive technologies).

I really don't understand why people didn't get it when they could. It was available for an entire year! When I first tried it, it was still pretty buggy and I ended up restoring my Win 8.1 backup. However, since I had activated Win10, I could then install it any later time and it will still activate (even a clean install with no license key). When the 1511 build was released I tried it again, and it's been working great.

I just did a clean install of the Win10 1607 Anniversary Edition on my GF's Sager NP8652 and that went well. 1511 still required a bunch of drivers for the Sager, but the new 1607 version only required the Airplane Mode driver and a quick Windows update. Everything else worked.

I'll probably do my Y2Pro either later today or tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how much better the Yoga 2 Pro hardware is supported now.

6. Cellular-Decay

Cellular-Decay Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Clean install of Windows 10 1607 "Anniversary Edition" went well. No drivers needed (beyond those supplied by Windows update) and the only thing I've found not working is the Airplane mode hotkey. Not a big deal since it's easy to control from the action center. Looks like I need Lenovo Transitions again, since the keyboard only turns off when folded all the way back (same as on previous build of W10). I haven't installed it yet, but it worked before so I don't expect any problems.

I used Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to make a USB boot installer then wiped my SSD and booted from the USB flash drive.

So far it seems like it's just some changes and rearrangement of the start menu and action center and the addition of new apps and services. Not sure I like all the changes as it follows the Windows trend of hiding settings from the user. Guess it's just a matter of learning the new UI and getting used to it.

Performance and stability has been good so far.

Yoga 2 Pro "Best Buy Exclusive" version with wireless AC and the very slightly faster i7-4510U CPU.

7. wilkster

wilkster Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Will you please tell us what versions of the Intel graphics driver and synoptics touchpad driver were installed?

8. DudeFromKalispell

DudeFromKalispell Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, I am new to the Forum and the thread, but have looked through many pages for info, thanks.

I have Trouble with your custom Profile. I did the Lenovo "fix" already and think I set up the Profile correctly, but when I go to use it, the Color changes immediately, but is wayy to much red! All the Whites have an almost pinkish tint, that cant be right? Any ideas as to what I am missing?

9. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It maybe that your panel maybe from a different manufacturer than what the profile was made from.

10. cognus

cognus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    does it come out the same whether you use the onboard display or a monitor via hdmi?