***Yoga 2 Pro Owners Thread***

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by JayWalker7, Oct 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aztec506

aztec506 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Love mine. I swapped out the NIC and plan to put a mSATA 500 +/- gb 840 Evo in soon - using it in my zbook until the PCIe SSDs get cheaper. Hardest part is unplugging the dang battery. Any tips appreciated.

I bought the i7 256gb model in Longhorn orange. \m/ If they made a 16gb memory stick I'd change that out also just as I changed the 4 gb to 8 gb on my u300s, which I would have kept if it had a IPS display & backlit keyboard. Specs said 4 gb max but that didn't stop a few of us from using 8gb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. roadracer247

roadracer247 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So I just bought a Yoga 2 Pro from BestBuy. i7, 8gig RAM, 256SSD. Checking it out and comparing it with my Lenovo 11s. So far the "speed" isn't blowing me away...A bit of a disappointment. I feel like my 11s is quicker. Doesn't make any sense given the specs on this thing.

Update: The speeds seemed to have improved. Not sure but perhaps it was just an issue with my ISP. No real complaints at this point about speed.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  3. roadracer247

roadracer247 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When I right click to save a picture and click on "Save to pictures folder" I get an error that says "The system can not find the path specified"

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Solved my problem. I followed the path to the directory that was giving me problems and reset it back to its default address.. If that makes any sense..

Anyway it works now!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  4. UncleSpam

UncleSpam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Be careful when you test for "speed"... network speed for accessing internet data is not the same as computer speed. You are limited to ISP speed and many, many other factors due to all the potential network bottlenecks.

5. UncleSpam

Reputations:
    There's a BIOS update to version 42:

76CN42WW The latest version BIOS fixed all merged issues from previous.
    • Fix the security issues in the Intel UEFI module.
    Go here to download...

maxb911, Malvo26 and Szczepanik like this.
  6. SSL

SSL Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I will be receiving a Y2P tomorrow a i7/256gb variant in Clementine. Joining the party a little late as I was waiting to see what the Y3P would be offering but feel the Y2P would suit me better. Really looking forward to it but also reading though the forum a little worried as it needs a reasonable amount of tweaking out of the box to play nicely. It looks like I need to update the BIOS and download the energy manager and possibly update to an AC wifi card. Is there any other tweaks that are recommended? Sorry for such a brief opening message but I would greatly appreciate any help.

7. KeithCu

KeithCu Newbie

Reputations:
  8. chong67

chong67 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I cant decide between the Yoga 2 or Yoga 3.

I need to run a virtual machine on it. Since Yoga 2 is the only one with i7 processor, then I have to choose this?

Are there two bank for memories? I need to get to 12GB of memory.

Is it easy to replace the hard drive?

Thanks.

9. pegot

pegot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The Yoga 3 has a mobile processor which sacrifices performance for battery life. Go with the Yoga 2 Pro with the i7. The memory is soldered to the board, so you are limited to only 8 GB of RAM. No banks to add more. Replacing the mSATA hard drive is not too difficult.

I have the i7 Yoga 2 Pro with 8 GB RAM and am able to run a couple of VMs simultaneously.

chong67 likes this.
  10. UncleSpam

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.