Yoga 2 Pro - Made a script that reenables the touchpad toggle (F6) and automatically disable/enable the touchpad in slate mode

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by dn00, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diversion

Diversion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have a Yoga 2 (non-Pro) and I didn't even need this to get the touchpad toggle key to turn on/off the touchpad.. and if I go to tablet mode everything turns off.. However in tent/stand mode everything is still enabled so I'm not sure if this script actually checks for that or not.

2. duttyend

duttyend Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Friends,

Just to let you know that, after unsuccessfully trying to use a Autohotkey script to disable touchpad in tablet mode, I've tried all the Yoga family (old and newest, all sizes) touchpad drivers newer than the original Yoga 2 Pro one.

I've come to a successful result with the Yoga 2 11 Notebook latest driver version (18.0.7.24) that is available on Home - Lenovo (US) which works perfectly ! :thumbsup:

The archive contains Elan and Synaptics drivers, moreover twice (for Win 8 and 8.1) so after uncompressing it, I only kept the Win 8.1 Synaptics v18 installation files and zipped them for further install.

No more unprecise touchpad behavior and still auto disable when tablet mode (and keyboard hotkey functional) ! :)

3. grimloktt

grimloktt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does this have chiral scroll?

4. espoyoga

espoyoga Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi dn00,

I tried your script program and it seems to work (I am now using the Synaptics driver from Toshiba). The only issue I have is that it only works right after I install it. Is there something different I have to do so that it automatically runs after I restart the computer, without reinstalling it each time? Thanks.

5. Brad331

Brad331 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for this! I am using Windows 10 on my Yoga 2 Pro. The F6 hotkey works but the automatic switching doesn't. Does the state/mode detection depend on Lenovo Transition? I uninstalled Transition because it has no effect in Windows 10.

6. Brad331

Brad331 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You mean the try icon and the app itself doesn't appear after reboot? Try putting the exe file in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.