YES!!! The final nail in the guy coffin

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by talin, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    I am sorry, but how exactly did invisigoth get banned now?? What

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    C'mon, didn't you see her recent posts. It's like talin was askin' for it.
    To be honest, this was by far the worst reincarnation of talin so far.
    Ah, miss the times when talin was pretty cool friend and member here.

3. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    Maybe (just a guess) it had to do with a sever overload of people clicking the report post button.
    Hey Jagu1337 can I leach off your local network next time I am in Denmark? === And what do you pay per month??

the title of this thread turned out to be a portent of things to come

4. turqoisegirl08

turqoisegirl08 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have read through the threads that seem to have gotten her in trouble. I am a bit speechless. It is terrible that it had to come to something like this as she has been a long time member here. I can only say for the future I wish her the best and hope she has a peaceful and fulfilling transition throughout her journey.

5. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Normally, it is policy not to discuss a ban. But this unique situation requires a summary explanation.

As being perhaps her staunchest ally, it pained me to have to ban her. She's taken a number of self imposed exiles from the forum for various reasons that have as their underlying issue, her personal psychological difficulties. I've defended her on many occasions, advocated for her on others. Devoted a great deal of time lending a proverbial ear and challenging her on some of her decisions and conclusions. But with each return from her self imposed exiles, the manifestations of her psychological issues were more than the forum was equipped to deal with. She unfairly subjected many forum members to issues that they shouldn't be expected to have to deal with. I received quite a few complaints to take action and rather than simply heeding the obvious warning signs, I continued to hope that things would turn around for the better. All the while forum members were being subjected to various forms of abuse and discomfort because I genuinely hoped that in spite of all that a success story could be had in the end. It was my selfish desire to see a fellow human being achieve happiness that lead to my ignoring of the greater good of the community. For that I apologize. I can't say it won't happen again because I have a compassionate heart for human beings. But I will endeavor to take quicker action to protect the community from things that the community should not have to endure.

For those of you who felt that I ignored your complaints with regard to Invisigoth's behavior, I admit to failing to properly respect your concerns but hope that you can find some manner of vindication and relief in my labored decision to permanently ban Invisigoth.

6. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good explanation, 2.0. I guess since I tend to just ignore things online that I find troubling, I didn't really notice too much the trouble she was causing until recently. Either way, you made the right decision.

7. Pai

Pai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    wait, Talin is that girl who always hanged out in the Anime thread right? What happened to her? She got banned too?!

Edit: Talin might be a guy, but it's been a while since I visit NBR, if I get the gender wrong, it's my bad.

8. hockeymass

hockeymass that one guy

Reputations:
    It's hard enough as it is to convey the nuances of communication through textual means, but when someone seems determined to misconstrue everything anyone discusses around them, and constantly takes offense to same, it's tiresome. I wish her all the best and hope she gets the help she needs. A community of laptop nerds is not the appropriate support group for someone with her issues (as wonderful as you all are).

9. Dragnoak

Dragnoak Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well said!

10. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    lol. best post of 2013. to accurate to the truth.. who knows??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.