Y500 GT650M Overclock

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by n1smo, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. errorcore

errorcore Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone tried the 314.07 drivers? I'm having problems with SLI :/

2. accolon

accolon Newbie

Reputations:
    I've tried the bat files and get this error message:
    || was unexpected at this time.

What may be the reason for this? How can I fix it?

3. Cordelle

Cordelle Newbie

Reputations:
    It wont let me overclock on the 313 beta or the 314.07 drives but on 310,90 it works fine

4. gnan10

gnan10 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey guys i have a small doubt
    Ideapad Y500 (59-346619)(indial model) is totally different from USA versions
    especially the gpu it says nvidia GT650 n13p-GT1 GDDR5
    where as in gpu of us models it shows GT650m (ddr version not specified)
    whats my doubt is the 1st one powerful than the second one...??
    which one is better
    is us models having ddr3 or gddr5?
    actually the gpu model is quite different... can someone clear me on it....and does indian version has SLI Ultrabay option?

5. girthgirth

girthgirth Newbie

Reputations:
    So i have the sli version running a clean version of nvidias 310.90 drivers. i have had no issues running sli in game. the power on this machine is great. after going through some of the forums, i noticed the amount of power that can be unleashed even with a slight oc. I ran a 3dmark 11 and got a bit over 3700 with solid temps. I saw that that can easily get above 4300. I downloaded nvidia inspector and created two .bat files from the text you provided in notepad. idk why but when i try to run the .bat my computer goes kind of nuts. cmd freezes on my and i start to get an colorful static spots on my screen, like some of the pixels are going crazy. I have to power down and restart. when i boot back up everything seems normal and when i reopen nvidia inspector, my clocks are still at stock speed. i've tried different things. I had the .bat in the folder with the app that was just in my c drive directory. i also tried configuring it where i could have the root folder in the desktop and have the .bat file in there with it, but i keep getting this same issue. ive also tried to just oc straight from the nvidia inspector. I was able to bump up my gpu1 to about +135/+300 but when i tried to do the same on my second gpu, my computer went crazy again. except this time i got sort of whit panels with black squares all over my screen and then a freeze. any ideas what to do? is this actually doing harm to my gpus? i mean i guess i just wont oc, its not really seeming worth it at this point.

6. JC-Leyva

JC-Leyva Newbie

Reputations:
    how did you place nvidia inspector on the root of c? the entire folder? just the app? and when you mean root of the c drive you mean on c drive not in any folders.

and just run those .bats once thats done and it's overclocked?

thanks, sorry i'm a noob at this

7. avantrix

avantrix Newbie

Reputations:
    i dont know why but nothing is working my max clock speed just stays at 790 mhz the memory will overclock but the clock speed wont go up

8. JC-Leyva

JC-Leyva Newbie

Reputations:
    ok, so I placed the nvidia inspector app only on my C drive not in any folder.

got rid of the 314.xx drivers in lieu of 310.90

clicked n1smo's .bat and it worked

thanks. using msi kombuster, I gained 11 fps, dropped the core clock to 900 and gained 6 fps.

EDIT: MSI Afterburner shows my core clock running 1055/2301 stable without any problems. its 9fps over default.

but in BF3, my FPS never exceeds 31.4 but it doesn't dip below 30... any advice. I already am running it on low setting except for certain important ones like mesh etc...

9. z3speed4me

z3speed4me Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am back.... my computer had a bad SSD, had to send in for service; took a month, but it's back in my hands now. I will be re-benching tonight probably.

10. ufoman557

ufoman557 Newbie

Reputations:
    I can confirm the last overclockable drivers are 310.90. Maybe Nvidia Inspector needs an update? or maybe the performance profiles must be changed in a different way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.