Y500 GT650M Overclock

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by n1smo, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anticommon

anticommon Newbie

Reputations:

Driver fusion is just what I ended up using, could have probably used another program though. At this point it doesn't matter much as I'll do a clean install tomorrow with my new ssd. Losing brightness control, (I just noticed it) is a biggie though. 100% brightness is a waste sometimes and makes the already easy-to-kill battery go all the faster. Really wish this amazing laptop had at least another hour or so of battery life, 3 hours is a bit abysmal.

Edit: according to nvidia if you want brightness control stick with 306.97, but that it will most likely be fixed by 313.xx

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/525087/brightness-problem-/?offset=9

2. n1smo

n1smo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the link. I'll give 306.97 a shot.

3. kkh40219

kkh40219 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've got a problem. I can't seem to overclock my Y500 GT650M no matter what I do. A friend of mine told me that the gpu Clock speed is locked somewhere...
    I got the nvidia drivers from the lenovo site. What I noticed was that there was a ExtMax shown at nvidiainspector. It's value is set at 790. I'm completely newb at this, and i can't figure out why it won't overclock. Maybe someone can help me?

4. n1smo

n1smo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You have to forcepstate to pstate0 so that it stays at one clock setting or it'll just dynamically adjust the clock based on load. Download the .bat file from post #7 of this thread and edit it so that the directory matches where you placed nvidiainspector. Double click on the .bat file and you should see that the clock will stick. Give that a shot and if you need more help just come back and I'll try to help you out further. It's late and I'm lazy.. hehe

5. mohammadbawany

mohammadbawany Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    306.97 drivers do not read my gpu...all the other drivers read the gpu except for this one
    i am running the 306.30 form the lenovo.cn. is there much of a difference from .97?

6. BrunovdKraan

BrunovdKraan Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine is stuck without overclocking, can any one help me?

7. BrunovdKraan

BrunovdKraan Newbie

Reputations:
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:Still got the same problem...

8. Cordelle

Cordelle Newbie

Reputations:
    Going to do this as soon as i get mine next week :D

9. z3speed4me

z3speed4me Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any idea how to make that batch file work for an SLI setup? It only works for the one card, the other stays at stock settings, which is not the optimal setup.

Please let me know if it's possible as I would love to share some SLI settings both at stock and OC speeds

Edit: well I got 2 separate ones to work for the 2 cards, just trying to make it all work in 1 file now.
    I'll post stuff up tomorrow.

10. Cordelle

Cordelle Newbie

Reputations:
    you can make a bat file to run the other bat files

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.