Y50 Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Jobine, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SneakyLittleman

SneakyLittleman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Perfect pricing for me! I'm sold!...Hope there will be a back-to-school special in late August/early September.

Banender likes this.
  2. kingfirejet

kingfirejet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hope Klick gets the 4GB touch.

BlazeHN and PsylentStorm like this.
  3. nons_

nons_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone saw the newly announced Asus NX500?

4K, IPS with wide gamut, display port, 850m ddr5, quadcore i7, huge battery... If it's anywhere close to affordable I'll go with that one and gladly take the excellent screen and battery over the slightly worse GPU and lack of numpad.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

4. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Wow, that's quite a laptop. @daryldeal - this is probably going to be the lappy for you

5. kingfirejet

Reputations:
    Hands-on with ASUS' Zenbook NX500: The MacBook Pro meets its match

It seems to be a MacBook Air/Pro competitor, so I'm expecting the price to be over $2000 USD.

6. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  7. stisa

stisa Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    In this news (google translated from italian) here they talk about a 2000€ price tag, but it's just their guess. It's 19mm thick, so heat might be a problem.
    Another new laptop that looks very nice, although with a VERY high price, is the Aorus X3Plus. 3200x1800 13.9" screen, i7 quad, 870m, 73 Wh double msata for 2200$ and up

Anyway, on topic, on the amazon.de listing there is a spec sheet: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A19P%2BweeVJS.pdf (4k 512GB model, 1499€)
    Under the display section, it says In Plane Switching, which should be IPS right?

8. shahmeer

shahmeer Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The only thing that I am waiting for is someone to confirm the 4GB is Maxwell (I know that there's been loads of discussion about this but I want to be absolutely 100% sure and not be disappointed if I get it and find out its Kepler).

On a separate note, does anyone else get the impression that this thread is going stagnant little by little. I used to log on and be like "Yes! New information and discussion and pics and possibility of this and that" but now whenever I log in its just like "Ugh. Screen. IPS. Laptop comparison". idk Why I feel this way but I just do.

JayEm likes this.
  9. kingfirejet

Reputations:
    I need some opinion and help on my purchase.
    Should I get the base Touch Model with 2GB GTX860m or the non Touch with 4GB GTX860m?

I don't have experience with a touch screen for a laptop but I'm intrigued on how much will be used in everyday use. I will using he laptop for gaming and photo editing (Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, Warframe, Titanfall, Photoshop, Sony Vegas, Youtubes). I don't care about RAM and hard drive since I'll be adding those in myself.

fabio_km likes this.
  10. ArgentWren

ArgentWren Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's kind of personal preference, but I believe a lot of us went without touch screen for one of the following reasons: we don't actually use it in real world setting (the laptop doesn't fold back, so you can't treat it like a tablet), it likely decreases battery life, it weighs .5 lbs more, desktop programs still aren't all optimized for it, and it's a glossy screen not matte (which you may prefer).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.