Y50-70 Cooling mod (it's working dude)

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by Meo, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Vybramo

Vybramo Newbie

Reputations:
    Bro try to apply tape there, close to imposible to seal it properly and still u will have gap where u lose pressure to radiator. U can use tap from downside and corners but where is that big hole u need use something like I use.

As you can read in my post was about 20 celsius. Before i have when browsing about 60+ celsius now 40-45. Ofc I replace thermal paste becaus factory one was like stone and paste is not for cooling but is for filling gaps between heatsing and chip.

@Victoriu : Im sorry I write I add photos but I dont have time to make cause alot of work. Today or tomorrow I will upload there.

@Meo: Thermal pad is good to but cost more and alot harder to fill in the gap. Still I think foam is better becaus when u press u make foam smaller and after few sec foam expand and fill gap rly good and i can be 100% shure its dont touch blade or change position.

2. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:

In theory pressure loss should be negligible if the fins are clear of debris, as long as there's nothing to create extra turbulence in the airflow. Clevo just uses a piece of plastic for the same thing. It doesn't seal anything on their models.

3. Vybramo

Vybramo Newbie

Reputations:
    Are you serious with ur knowledge of physic? Air always choise way without any resistance. Radiator have resistance and hole? 0 ... For me with replace thermal paste is -20 celsius. When u seal this hole all pressure whichone fan make go trought radiator.

So photos of my work :

And dont tell me this is not big HOLE .....SRSLY ? @Tanner@XoticPC something special for you:
    [​IMG]

This is Heigh of hole ... OMFG 3,5mm
    [​IMG]
    This is Radiator height:

[​IMG]

and what abouts fans? Ouu je 10mm

[​IMG]

Still Only one place where you can use tape:

[​IMG]
    Final one:
    [​IMG]

Maximum what you can put for test on your PC , Furmark with IntelBurnTest.

[​IMG]

So that my results.. On normal use and gaming temps go on cpu about max 70 celsius and Nvidia graphic 60 celsius.

4. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:

Thanks for the additional pics. My comment was based on the original ones looking like the gaps just lead to the inside of the computer, which would build up enough pressure to no longer be the path of least resistance even when considering the radiator. It looks like it might go to other vents from the new images and is a lot bigger than it appeared in the original so I stand corrected.

5. Victoriu

Victoriu Newbie

Reputations:

Thx for additional pics, man. Can you send a picture of this 'special foamgum for high temperatures' ? Or whatever u used to seal this hole

6. Vybramo

Vybramo Newbie

Reputations:
    You can see in on first picture where i unseal :)

7. Rizen

Rizen Newbie

Reputations:
    What thermal pad thickness should I use for both tasks outlined by Vybramo and Mao? I'm trying to buy some thermal pad online and don't know whether to get the 3mm one or the 4mm one (there is no 3.5mm)