XPS15 9560 Kaby Lake Product Page.....

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by HYPERTUNE, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HYPERTUNE

HYPERTUNE Newbie

Reputations:
    pressing likes this.
  2. Splitframe

Splitframe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Already offline for me, I hope you made a screen cap?

3. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's up again.

4. Splitframe

Splitframe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Eh, I guess it's region locked. Can't access it from Germany.

5. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    upload_2016-12-20_12-59-49.png upload_2016-12-20_13-0-13.png upload_2016-12-20_13-0-41.png

6. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Well I have just replied to my ticket with Dell requesting I am placed on backorder to avoid further delays to replace my 9550 with a 9560 as the backlight issue has never been fixed.

7. Splitframe

Splitframe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    They still advertise 40Gbps, I wonder if the 9560 is really connected with x4 pcie

8. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Isn't this dependent on the CPU type? I thought quad core is needed to get x4 PCIe on the SSD.

John

9. Splitframe

Splitframe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The U-CPUs only have 12 pcie lanes the HQ-CPUs have 16.
    I don't exactly know how many connections the default stuff needs, South Bridge, USB3 Controller and all that.
    So I guess it's feasible that there might not be enough lanes for the full Thunderbolt 3 speed,
    but then they should not advertise it as such.

In my XPS 15 9550 it looks like the GPU takes up 8 lanes, the Wifi Chip takes two lanes, but uses just one.
    My 951 SSD is not listed in the pcie port list, but if we assume it uses 4 lanes there are indeed only 2 left for TB3 :/

10. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    9560 SPECS SUMMARY
    Appears to be same box as 9550

latest 7th Gen Intel® Quad Core
    optional 4GB GeForce® GTX 1050 graphics card
    Supports up to 32GBi of memory with a bandwidth of 2133MHz
    Expandable storage up to 1TBi in your choice of standard hard drive or optional solid state drive (SSDs), available in faster PCIe versions, The Killer 1535 Wireless

Ports
    1. SD card slot | 2. USB 3.0 with PowerShare | 3. Battery gauge button and indicator | 4. Kensington lock slot | 5. AC power | 6. HDMI |7. Thunderbolt™ 3 supporting: Power in/charging, PowerShare, Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps bi-directional), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps), Native DisplayPort 1.2 video output, VGA, HDMI, Ethernet and USB-A via Dell Adapter (sold separately) | 8. Headset jack

Display
    Full HD and 3 million more than the MacBook Pro, you can edit images with pinpoint accuracy without worrying about blurriness or jagged lines.

Industry-leading color: The XPS 15 is the only laptop with 100% Adobe RGB color, covering a wider color gamut and producing shades of color outside conventional panels so you can see more of what you see in real life. And with over 1 billion colors, images appear smoother and color gradients are amazingly lifelike with more depth and dimension. Included is Dell PremierColor software, which automatically remaps content not already in Adobe RGB format for onscreen colors that appear amazingly accurate and true to life.

Easy collaboration: See your screen from nearly every angle with an IGZO IPS panel, providing a wide viewing angle of up to 170°.

Brighten your day: With 350 nit brightness, it’s brighter than a typical laptop. (but less than the 400 nit of the old 9550)

Touch friendly: Tap, swipe and pinch your way around the screen. The optional touch display lets you interact naturally with your technology.

Source http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/productdetails/xps-15-9560-laptop

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.