~XPS M1210 Owners Lounge~

Discussion in 'Dell' started by The Goalkeeper, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Goalkeeper

The Goalkeeper Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I started this because i didn't see any m1210 owners lounge in here. It's a gathering place for the few, the proud, XPS M1210 owners out there.

2. lcarr

lcarr Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a m1210 with 4g ram. It came with 2gb and I ordered 2x2gb upgrade sticks. There is a difference when you run several applications at the same time. I have an astronomy program that I have open a lot and it's a big memory user. That along with Office 2007 products pushed 2gb pretty hard. If you do the upgrade yourself it's not hard at all. The only weird thing is that one of the memory sticks is on the bottom of the computer and the other is under your keyboard, which of course means you have to remove your keyboard to change them memory sticks.

3. thomasfx11

thomasfx11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got my 1210 a few weeks ago. It might not offered but it is supported! Does anyone have VISTA on their 1210? If you do what are your 3DMARK05 scores? I am having a real tough time getting 2000 on mine and that is with the updated Drivers. Do NOT get VISTA yet if you have XP! Still to many bugs in it. I would wait and make sure you have 2 GIG!

4. kgeier82

kgeier82 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    vista is flawless on my 1210/7400

not ONE problem

5. PhoenixFx

PhoenixFx Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I got mine with Vista Ultimate 32bit. T7200, 2GB, Go7400, 120GB 5400, DVDRW, No AV. Vista works pretty well, but I’m mostly using XP Pro. Havent run 3DMark in Vista, but from what I remember XP scored somewhere around 2200.

6. thomasfx11

thomasfx11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    PhoenixFX, do me a favor and run it on Vista. You might be suprised by the score. Thanks

7. PCModifiers

PCModifiers Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just upgraded my m1210 to Vista last weekend (as you can see I still need to update my signature). It runs pretty well though nowhere as well as it did under XP but regardless Vista may be the future and I figured I better learn it now to help troubleshoot Vista problems at work.

8. Hydro Funk

Hydro Funk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everybody! I'm about to buy my first laptop! (after so many moths of research), and it will be.. .... ... an Osborne1!!
    I'm joking, a XPS M1210 :D
    It will be from a guy who bought it a couple of months ago in the US. I've seen the invoice date, also the machine (no scratches, phisically perfect), and tomorrow I'm going to meet this guy and test how everything works. I'm already making my list of potential issues but would be nice to hear the opinion of other M1210 owners, regarding what to try or especially look for.

This are the specs:

12.1 in Notebook Screen WXGA With TrueLife (Web cam, Mobile Broadband Antenna, ear buds)
    T5600E (1.83GHz/667MHz/2Mb)
    2 GB DDR2 667MHz (2 DIMMs)
    9 Cell Primary Battery LITHIUM ION
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 TurboCache
    120 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
    Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Wireless Mini Card
    Bluetooth DELL 355 MODULE 2.0+EDR
    Windows Vista Home Premium

Also, I wonder if somebody can tell me which programs can I run to search for hardware "not-first-sight-noticeable" issues.

Thanks very much, long live to this thread!

Who have said is already late for making this thread? :rolleyes: Geshh man, if don't have anything to say why don't you just mind you own business. ;)

9. The Goalkeeper

The Goalkeeper Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hey welcome! you have bought a great laptop.

tho im not sure what you're talking about..
    'hardware "not-first-sight-noticeable" issues." ????

10. Hydro Funk

Hydro Funk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey, thanks. Yeah, one of my neologisms. I meant to say: Perhaps Harddisk, Memory, Processor, etc, are working, but not at the speeds or conditions they should. Like a sort of... underclocking. Ha, what about that last one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.