XPS line 4th gen Intel Haswell 2013 Refresh?

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Tric_101, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [-Mac-]

[-Mac-] Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It seems that HP is ready (next year) to update its Envy 15 and Envy Touchsmart 15 with new GT840m based on Maxwell architecture instead of actual Kepler.

List of INTEL CPU available:
    CPU Intel Core i3-4000M, i5-4200M, i5-4330M, i7-4700MQ, i7-4702MQ, i7-4800MQ ed i7-4900MQ

List of AMD CPU available:
    AMD A4-5150M, A6-5350M, A8-5550M e A10-5750M
    They will work in dual graphics with AMD Radeon HD 8750M with 2 GB

nvidia_geforce_gt_840m.png

2. henryg40

henryg40 Newbie

Reputations:
    Price for the middle option has gone up 50 pounds today so it's now 2400usd. I just can't bring myself to make an order until they sort out some bloody reviews

3. JamesWhite

JamesWhite Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    FYI, be wary of the EDD dates on orders. I had an separate accessory scheduled for 29/10 (spare AC Adaptor), it is obviously passed this date, and I actually got in touch with Dell directly and got 4/11 as a new date. The order status on the Dell website however, does not reflect any new date and still says 29/10. It does make me wonder if the EDD on my actual XPS 15 is going to be more than stated. I mean on average Dell usually over-estimates on the EDD, this time however, I'm not sure.

4. kelsett

kelsett Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where did you get that information? Plus I suspect only the high end GPUs will be based on Maxwell, while low and medium range will just be renamed Kepler cards...

Anyway, we don't have any info about Maxwell at the moment, this is the first time I hear about a GT8xx, I doubt nVidia will release their new architecture before Q3 or Q4 2014...

5. [-Mac-]

[-Mac-] Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's an Italian site:
    Nvidia GeForce GT 840M (Maxwell) nei prossimi HP Envy 15 Touchsmart - Notebook Italia

kelsett likes this.
  6. welt

welt Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Oh, I really tried to play the early adaptor for the new XPS 15. But these folks at Dell Germany or should I say the Chat Reps somewhere in East Europe won`t give me a chance.

I`m a Dell Customer for years now, got my Inspiron 6400 in 2006, bought one for my girlfriend one in 2007, got a Latitude E6410 in 2010 and need a new laptop since Summer. Just waited and waited for the Haswell Refresh.

My only wish is to go with the middle version and 3yr of the good old next business day support - I do not need the ProSupport.

But there is no way to
    - get NBD instead of ProSupport or
    - get some discount

I mean, if I`d take the US price, add 4yr ProSupport and do not deal on the price (what seems to be a more or less easy thing in the US) I`m at 2230 $ what means 1600€.
    Dell.de wants me to pay 1700€ for the middle option with 1yr ProSupport.

I for sure know that comparing prices in the US and the EU mostly gothis way (yeah, I`m talking to you, Adobe!).
    But the time I purchased the Latitude it was possible to deal on a fair base, get the kind of support I want and get a fair discount.
    And I ordered the Latitude one week after it was announced.

Just need to pronounce some of my frustration

7. Darkstone

Darkstone Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Actually Dell.de wants you to pay €1400, and the government wants an additional €300 in taxes. You're comparing US ex. VAT prices to Europe's inc. VAT prices. No wonder Europe seems much more expensive...

8. spybenj

spybenj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes but tax in the US/Canada is much lower, Ontario is 13% which is very high, but there are some states in the US that are 0%

9. welt

welt Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Oh, I`m not very much into US VAT and it`s differences in the different states. For me as consumer the end price counts. But even if you look at prices without VAT, it`s 1370 € (US price $ in €) vs 1430 €

+ Dell Germany can take advantage of "Vorsteuer" (pre-tax), so the company gets all the VAT prices of their costs in germany back.
    + as mentioned you seem to get discounts like 150$ which is utopian here..

10. ftf

ftf Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered the middle version on the 18/10 and just checked my order status to find out it has shipped today! (1/11) I assume it's still early days but hopefully it will arrive here (UK) next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.