XPS 9570 connected USB-C Monitor

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Sorgesana1, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Sorgesana1

Sorgesana1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!

I would like to buy a USB C monitor so that I have only cable connected to my XPS, i was looking at this one: DELL U2719DC

Convenient connectivity
    All in one: Declutter your desk with the included USB-C cable, a single cable solution that transmits power, data, video and audio.

Big convenience in one cable: Get an easy charge with USB-C, the same cable that connects your device to the monitor. Also, as you charge your PCs with up to 65W of power, protect it with Dell’s built-in surge protection.i

Smooth transitions: Move from desk, to meeting and back again effortlessly with convenient, single cable connectivity via USB-C.

Now I was wondering: I noticed especially when I work with Adobe Premiere with 4k files that the power of my Computer is not the same when it is not in charge.. i mean only with the battery , as you can see USB C the maximum power supply is 60 watts, behind my original charger is written 130 watts.

Can this limitation of 65 watts compromise performance?

Through USB C can I only choose to pass DATA and the VIDEO signals, but still charge my laptop with his charger?

Thank you so much

2. _sem_

_sem_ Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Of course. The laptop is badly throttled on 60W.
    Yes you can use the laptop AC charger.
    Only certain Dell docks can supply the needed 130W via USB-C (130W is above USB PD standard max 100W).

3. Sorgesana1

Sorgesana1 Newbie

Reputations:
    _sem_ thank you so much for your quick reply! I was looking for days online :)

So the Notebook will understand from which of the two sources choose the power supply?

Probably In the end since I work with the Adobe suite everyday, it doesn't make much sense to use USB C, better to look a monitor using standard HDMI and save money

4. _sem_

_sem_ Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes.