XPS 9560 - New infos about throttling

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by lugiank, Jun 11, 2018.

1. lugiank

lugiank Newbie

Reputations:
    I didn't try this myself, just because i ran out of thermal pads

2. Jff007

Jff007 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'll take a look later. I'd suggest for Reddit to have an album with screenshots of the mods. A lot of users there won't install additional software. Where did you come across the bridge and tape ideas?

3. lugiank

lugiank Newbie

Reputations:
    About reddit: it turned out they just didn't like pictures uploaded to cloud storages, but i finally was able to explain that i needed to upload original pictures for you to be eble to view them properly.

If about bridge idea you are talking about bridging vrm to the heatsing then someone smarter than me pointed it out in my previous post on Dell subreddit

Taping the gap between the fan and the heatsink was mine, but actually made no noticeable difference

Jff007 likes this.
  4. Jff007

Jff007 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The user who mentioned came from my post, haha. I did a few months of research to find it.

As for the tape, it was mentioned back in the 9550 thread. I have the direct link in my reddit post. For me, it did a lot to help out.

As for reddit, take it from a guy who's been fielding questions since around December-ish there, very few of them will install the program to see your images properly. I've had people ask me a question even though the answer was bolded in the post.

pressing likes this.
  5. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @lugiank and @Jff007

You can link your photos here in a post or even upload them to the nbr server (just click more options). Photos will improve response both from the beginners and the professional engineers.

So I would encourage you to add photos here at your convenience.

Jff007 and Woodking like this.
  6. abujafar

abujafar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @lugiank which thermal pads did you use and what was their height?
    Thanks