XPS 9560 - Any luck getting Win7 on this thing?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by cyon02, Jan 13, 2018.

1. cyon02

cyon02 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello All,

I recently purchased my DELL XPS 9560 with i7-7700HQ Kaby Lake processor but am having a hard time with Windows 10. I have tried win10 for over 2 months, i really dislike it.

I understand that Microsoft has placed restrictions on Win7 being used with my Kaby Lake processor but i have also read that there is a work around to the problem -- read more here.

Question is, has anyone actually managed to get my model working nice in Win7? Would you care to post a link to the guide you followed?

If i can establish that it is even possible then it will be a very helpful starting point. My goal is to eventually dual boot between Win7 and OSX as i use both OS's frequently, but for now i am just focusing on getting comfy with my XPS, and using windows 10 is really not helping matters.

Many thanks in advanced to all who share and this wonderful forum.

My full spec can be found here (expand "BUILD MY DELL")

2. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What is the issue with W10?
    Yes it takes a bit to get used to but it’s better than W7.

3. cyon02

cyon02 Newbie

Reputations:
    Its just really sluggish. I have disabled pretty much everything i could find but its just not as responsive as Win7. Things take longer to open, it just doesn't feel quick.

Plus there is all the privacy stuff (though i must say i haven't paid it much mind) i've seen littered across the web.

4. dave-p

dave-p Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am not a big fan of Win 10, but one app I use that seems to make it tolerable for me is Start 10 from Stardock. best $4.99 I spent.

It gives the look and feel of Win 7 interface on your Windows 10 OS.