*** XPS 17 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 8, 2020.

1. astrohip

astrohip Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, good info.

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You can re-enable undervolting on the XPS17 with bios flags, it helped mine quite a bit but it still throttled. And for me the 9700 was too big, especially considering I have a 9500 and a 9310 at home. The 2060 (even max-q) would have been perfect in the 15, but we will see what dell releases next. I loved my Razer, but their support is so terrible I won't ever buy one of their products again.

saturnotaku likes this.
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I would have even been OK with a 1660 Ti Max-Q in the XPS 15. I wouldn't put it past Dell that the decision to leave the 2060 out of it was intentional to get more people into the 17. Regarding Razer, I love their hardware, peripherals included. However, if you're going to charge Apple-like prices for your computers, you need to provide Apple-like customer service. When I was daily driving my MacBook Pro (it's been nearly a decade now), the few times it needed service, I received exemplary care. I've read far too many Razer horror stories on this forum and elsewhere to trust them with such a pricey laptop.

4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    New XPS 17 9700 BIOS dropped - version 1.7.2

Dell XPS 17 9700 and Dell Precision 5750 System BIOS | Driver Details | Dell US

astrohip, custom90gt and alaskajoel like this.