XPS 15 (L521X) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Muddy, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjammin

bjammin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I bought another laptop as I needed it urgently, but I still need a new one for my wife before Christmas and the XPS is still in the running. Otherwise I wouldn't be in this thread anymore.

From what I can see, they aren't anymore.

I don't agree. All that "sharing" has done is make people wait longer than they otherwise would for a resolution, in some cases to the point that it's too late for a return. That's my point, and that of several other posters that you took offence to.

On that point I agree, but you're the one who tried to control the conversation.

2. Elands

Elands Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ahhh I see it now, want to end the conversation but than point the finger at me. Yes very adult. Just doesn't seem you quite understand my points. So be it agree to disagree.

3. maveric101

maveric101 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Knock it off. You aren't an owner, and you aren't a prospective owner (if you truly believe Dell won't fix the problems, then you have no intention of ever buying one). You have nothing to add to this thread, and if you continue your arguing and complaining, the mods will shut this thread down (it was already given a "last chance" for this exact behavior).

4. Kev089

Kev089 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you keep me updated on the Sony Vaio S series ? I wanted an xps but after all this story I really don't want have the same troubes that you had guys.

5. alfling

alfling Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's not normal to have few lucky working machines and majority flawed... Should be the opposite. And a representative who "participates to the forum " just saying "we'll fix" is not very useful....

Sent from HTC HD2 with Tapatalk

6. c0derbear

c0derbear Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Netgear WNDA3100 that Lorna shipped me works great with my router ( DLink Dir-655 ). It's only the one antenna so 150 Mbps cap but works well.

7. krayziehustler

krayziehustler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    the USB adapter is a temporary fix...why do people keep saying that IS the fix? I guess the non owners are ruining our fun ;)

8. mike_nbr

mike_nbr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The problem is that neither owners or potential owners are not sure if indeed that is a temporary fix. Current situation and so called "updates" leads to a conclusion that there might be no other fix. Also the experience of 15z owners says that 15z also had Wi-Fi issue and it has never been fixed.

Many of us don't expect it to be fixed today or tomorrow, but at least we want to know the root of the issue. This knowledge might calm down a lot of users.

All kind of attacks that non-owners have no right to speak in here are conceited and cocky (I refer not to you krayziehustler). XPS L521x is still on DELL site available for full price and it's not mentioned there about the WiFi issue. So as a consumer I'm already being misinformed and cheated. Selling broken machines is unacceptable for such big company as DELL. As non-owner I have no legal tools based on contracting law but that doesn't mean that someone can mislead me before the contract.

I had 3 DELLs in the past (Vostro and two XPS Studio 1640) and I was always happy with it. So I'm not coming here to write it all for nothing or just for fun. I'm already a few years DELL user and I have money prepared to buy next DELL notebook. And because I'm a big boy I'm not going to be hurt just because of current situation and buy notebook from different brand. Every company has setbacks and currently it's hard to find smartphone/notebook with completely no issues. But it's a test of company's maturity, prestige and approach to end-users. For now DELL is failing this test.

9. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

There seems to be a bit of confusion. No, this thread will not get closed. It's an owner's lounge. They don't get closed unless there is no activity in it for an extended period of time. Then it would auto-close.

Yes, it is for owners. However, non-owners and prospective owners are welcomed to post. That is until they become trolls. This is not a place for non-owners to rant about their disappointment concerning the issues with this notebook and Dell's handling of it. Would you like someone coming into your house to rant about one of your appliances or your TV? Yeah, that'd be annoying wouldn't it?

An no, don't think of pulling out the free-speech card. That old tattered, faded and dog-eared card. There really is no such thing as free speech. It's a misnomer. Every society has rules that constitute what is acceptable speech and what is not. So it really comes down to the oxymoron, "limited free speech." Think about it. I mean sure, you can say what you want. But expect consequences for certain things you say and don't be surprised when you face those consequences.

10. alfling

alfling Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In a civilized society usually you are free to express your opinions unless you are rude. Nobody has been rude here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.