XPS 15 (Haswell) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by mark_pozzi, Oct 23, 2013.

1. jphughan

jphughan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's the 9530.

2. aclockworkorangutan

aclockworkorangutan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Awesome thanks! :)

3. QuantumPSI

QuantumPSI Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've been trying to get mine to work as well and have had no luck. I've tried a rooted Galaxy Note II on Android 4.1.2 and a brand new Galaxy S4, neither have worked so far...

Starting to fear that the device is non functioning on my unit (like my card reader, which they are coming to replace).

4. SamDeng2

SamDeng2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys something strange is happening. I can hear the coil whine but there's one big problem, my XPS 15 isn't even turned on. lol. Just kidding

adlerhn likes this.
  5. pintycar

pintycar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Assuming you have the appropriate drivers installed (including the Intel Management thingy) , it should work for websites, contacts and small things like that. What it will not do is pictures or videos. I've tried it with an LG G2 and a Galaxy S4 and they both manage to send website links, contacts, calendar events but no pictures or videos. Do your phones vibrate or make a sound when you put them close to the touchpad?

6. QuantumPSI

Reputations:
    Which drivers please? (just so I can make sure I have them)

And no, absolutely nothing happens when I bring the devices near each other, on the computer or the phones. I'd feel better if they did vibrate or make a sound at least, that way I know that it's at least functioning.

7. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My at&t beam (=Sierra wireless 340u) cannot be recognized by my xps 15 9530 top tier. It has a valid sim card. It works on all my other laptops running win7 and win8.1 x64. It has the latest firmware and latest at&t allaccess software. The usb ports work with usb headphones. Tried all 4 usb port. No response at all when plugging in the 340u. I am stumped.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

8. QuantumPSI

Reputations:
    I'm not sure if this would apply but I had to jump through some hoops to get my machine to recognize my phone via USB and not rapidly connect and disconnect. The solution is below, but I had to try SEVERAL times and a few variations to get it to finally work and I don't know if it's stable/consistent. I say this because I've had it working before and then after a reboot, it no longer worked, but this time, it seems ok.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Windows 8.1 preview and not working adb\fastboot.

No guarantee this will fix your issue, but I figured I'd at least tell you about it.

9. skillit

skillit Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hello! I need help!

so my xps 15 will be on full battery and I closed the lid (without the charging adapter connected) and I left it on my desk for about a day-2 days. and today I opened it and it had no battery. wth is going on. is this a battery issue? help! anyone else get this?

10. woohoo7676

woohoo7676 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had a similar issue, I'm not sure if it's related to RapidStart, but for some reason, my computer would occasionally come out of sleep for no reason, and remain on (running down the battery). I removed rapid start, which I think fixed the issue, but I also just don't leave the computer asleep for awhile now. Hope that helps a bit!