XPS 15 (Haswell) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by mark_pozzi, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Haloy

Haloy Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, that's true. Also headache for me. After thinking for a real long time, I think for me I would take the top tier ( attracted by its large battery!) I would try to change my habit of using the laptop, put more movies and music into my desktop computer to be adapted to the 512g storage. ( It is totally FREE! XD) $1000 for 1TB is nonsense for me as well. wait for the final price of samsung and hope the price may drop gradually.
    and you mention a rMBP with 1TB SSD?! incredible! I'm sorry but I can't find this model on the official web page of APPLE. where do you find this informaiton?

2. jphughan

jphughan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    At least in the US store, choose the most expensive 13-inch or either 15-inch rMBP option. In there you'll find an option to upgrade to 1TB.

3. krayziehustler

krayziehustler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure it will be 2 512GB cards in a RAID 0

4. Haloy

Haloy Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh, thanks, I see the horrible price. Never be the fan of Apple. For me, A computer which you can hardly repair it or make some small changes by yourself is a boring electronic device. Believe in the future improvement of Windows and Linux.

5. jphughan

jphughan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If memory serves (and I'm too lazy to look it up), the latest-generation rMBP has its storage chips soldered directly onto the motherboard; there are no more cards. The RAM and now even the CPU are definitely soldered on in the latest generation, though. But you can confirm storage if you look at an iFixIt teardown; just make sure you're looking at the right generation.

6. sgogeta4

sgogeta4 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    In a few months, the price of Samsung's 1TB mSATA drive will drop to significantly, making upgrades a lot more affordable and it's already very easy in the Dell. Unless you need it right now, you'll end up paying top dollar. Apple products have never been good for future proofing, though they do keep their value well if you plan on reselling it. Personally, I prefer to keep my laptop for as long as I can instead of selling it.

7. goft20

goft20 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does this one have wifi problems like the previous generation?

8. krayziehustler

krayziehustler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No and if it does it is definitely not widespread. I owned the previous generation and this laptop with the same network configuration blows that one out of the water.

9. jphughan

jphughan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not after getting the 16.6 driver from Intel's site.

10. Zoomsday

Zoomsday Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I placed another order today and the estimated delivery date is 30th January, is it true that the shortage of screens causes the delay?