XPS 15 9570 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by el3ctronics, May 16, 2018.

1. maffle

maffle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    I have these two issues on the new unit I got, as same as on the old one. Anyone else has these issues? Please, could owners of the 9570 check too in their Reliability Monitor of Windows?

Intel Audio Service crash like every 2-3 hours or several times per Windows up time. And Mostly every time I boot Windows, it has Windows didn't properly shut down las time. Even though it seems to, I normally use shutdown every time I close the laptop, and it shuts down and powers off normally.

Look and feel of the 9570 is just really bad. It looks decent, but the moment you use it, it gets dirty in 10 seconds. The material on the top is just terrible. And the coil whine is unacceptable.:(The keyboard doesn't feel premium too, it makes weird clicking/resistance sometimes on some keys.

I'm also really unhappy with the back bleed on the 4k screen, especially this large spot on the left.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  2. abujafar

abujafar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I tend to agree with what he says.

3. ColdFire1

ColdFire1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  4. teq9er

teq9er Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I got the same issues although I wouldn't have known it since it appears to shutdown fine.

Untitled.jpg

5. abujafar

abujafar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Have you tried to install the latest intel video (audio) driver?

6. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I wish laptop reviewers were half as harsh with the ****ing macbooks are they are with the XPS 15. Watching Austin Evans do a "comparison" with 2 7th-gen PC laptops against 8th-gen macbook and the thing is scoring under 1000 points in CB multi, jesus christ.

7. micmex

micmex Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Regarding “Windows did’nt shut down properly last time”, try turn off fast startup mode from power options, it worked for me

maffle likes this.
  8. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    But then all the apple idiots would be sad. You can't trash talk the almighty apple. Their devices are perfect and if you disagree it's just because you don't know what you're talking about.

9. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well the new MacBooks finally have some decent specs so props there. But it is a terrible value and has some second-tier engineering . . .

10. pricey

pricey Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there! I'm lucky owner (well... more or less) of the XPS 15 notebook (i7 16GB 512GB UHD option). As I need quite good either RAM or SSD drive, I've bought 2 sticks of 16GB HyperX Impact RAM and Samsung 970 1TB EVO with the notebook... But, as you know, Dell doesn't like some kind of memory sticks and now I have a problem, because for some reasons I can't return them to the shop... Is there possiblity that Dell developers will be so kind and update BIOS to enable all kind of memory sticks to work with our XPS? Do you have any past experiences with similiar situations? (I read XPS 9550 and 9560 had some issues with SSD right after releases but propably have been fixed by BIOS updates).