XPS 15 9570 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by el3ctronics, May 16, 2018.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Sorry about all the issues you have. I wish I could comment on the BT thing but I only used my bluetooth mouse. I really liked my 9570 and may pick one up once they hit the outlet for a decent price.

Woodking likes this.
  2. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks, you've been a good help on here and I do appreciate your input. My wife kept asking why I had to spend so much time trying to get a new laptop to work as well as an old one and I had to agree in the end. If the 9570 cant do what I need of it day to day I can't live with it, sadly.

Giving up on laptops for a while, going to spend more time outside in the sun. Peace to all.

pressing and custom90gt like this.
  3. maffle

maffle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @Woodking but why didnt the Intel 9260 not work for you? I thought all people recommend it. Bluetooth just has a range of about 10m, if its bt2 devices or such just 2-3m.

4. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Someone mentioned it could be an issue with the card coming from a 3rd party merchant and maybe being a rejected unit with issues. The Killer 1535 worked better for BT but still no way near as well as an old Centrino card in my old XPS17 (I need to monitor a BT solar inverter and it collects data from it). The 9260 was otherwise ok for wifi, just very poor on bluetooth. Tried all sorts to get it to work but nothing did in the end.

5. backslashfr

backslashfr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Holy crap, I haven't seen Shin Etsu in YEARS, like 2003. I mean even at the time it wasn't great and wasn't better than Arctic silver 3 (yes 3). I would say it's probably equivalent to the stock dell stuff, maybe??

backslashfr likes this.
  7. eucalyptus

eucalyptus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I actually just pulled the trigger on a XPS 15 :p It was on 15% discount...

FHD, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM 8750H with biggest battery. Same as 4K version except the display :)

Would MX arctic silver 4 be any good? I have some laying around.

And Intel 9260, I just assume it's the best possible wifi card available?

8. custom90gt

Reputations:
    I think you're confusing MX4 with Arctic silver? MX4 is still decent stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to use it if you've already got it.
    I am happy with my 9260 wireless card, although it's not a huge improvement over the stock Killer card.

9. eucalyptus

eucalyptus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh snap, my bad, meant arctic cooling MX4 :)

And oh great, then I will use it :) Not worth spending 13 bucks to get one shot of Grizzly IMO, no need for it more than the laptop. Also have some EK water blocks thermal stuff, but that's probably not as good.

I could always start with the killer card before I order a new intel. Delivery set to around 25 July

custom90gt likes this.
  10. maffle

maffle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mh I wonder why they do the 15% sale right now. Maybe because the new Nvidia GPUs are coming out any moment, mostly announced next month. A mobile GTX1150 would mostly be as fast as a GTX1060.

"Someone mentioned it could be an issue with the card coming from a 3rd party merchant and maybe being a rejected unit with issues."

Ugh... and I just ordered one on ebay for $19, it says new though. Damn... so maybe these "cheap" ones on ebay are rejected by Intel?