XPS 15 9570 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by el3ctronics, May 16, 2018.

1. Saaaaa

Saaaaa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it possible to get discounts/negotiate prices with them directly?

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Dellerator Moderator

Reputations:
    It comes with a thermal pad on the SSD that you can use on your 970 evo.

3. Peter DNA

Peter DNA Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I had 9570 for about 3 weeks now.
    Swapped factory 256GB NVME drive with Samsung 970 PRO 1TB and freshly installed windows 10 all drivers and latest updates.

Currently on Bios 1.1.4 which is the latest.

The issue I have is that Intel GPU always is high. No matter what I do. It seems to be crazy 100% high when opening Youtube video or streaming something. This wasn't the issue until I started adding Intel Thermal management drivers and others from Intel.
    It is definitely Intel related from what I see. Latest intel and Nvidia drivers are installed that are available today.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I didn't find anything online in regards to it.

4. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Interesting, I'll have to check mine out to see if it's doing the same thing. I'll let you know when I get back home and check it out.

5. seiyafan

seiyafan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I ordered mine without a M.2 drive so there was no thermal pad that came with it. I was wondering if I need to get one for the 970 evo I put in later.

6. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Yes, I believe it's 2mm thick but someone can correct me on that. I think that's what I had to purchase for my 9550 when I ordered without the m.2.

7. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sounds like the Intel GPU and I have the same problem. Wahaaay.

No but seriously I didn't get this problem. Running drivers from Dell's website.

custom90gt likes this.
  8. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Lol, I'm in Colorado, I'm supposed to make the "high" joke...

I don't have any issues with my intel igpu, I'm running the latest drivers from intel directly.

9. p7k

p7k Newbie

Reputations:
    Got my XPS 15 9570 (FHD, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD) last week.

Some impressions from my side:

+ Excellent display. Good brightness and contrast. Best FHD screen i have ever seen.
    + Great build quality. Feels like a premium notebook.

- Still a lot of crashes (bluescreens, blackscreens, ...). "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"
    - The right side of my keyboad is creaking when i press some keys (enter, delete, shift).
    - The fans are mostly quiet when on battery mode. When on AC mode and the notebook is charging the fans are really loud and the left side gets really hot. Even when the system is idle.
    - Heavy coil whining.
    - Killer Wifi cards does not reconnect automatically after sleep mode.

I have installed all the latest drivers from the dell support download page. I don't know what i should do. I think i will return it :(

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  10. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What about the rumors about a new/updated 4K panel on the 9570, is that true? Have mine now but haven't really had time to check it out, more than to notice that I also have a stuck pixel (ie not a dead one) so at least the panel would have to be replaced. Part of the reason asking is that if there is a new version, I don't want Dell to try to downgrade me to an old refurbished 9560 one.

BTW, I notice that the keyboard is actually more damped than my 9560, which was more "rattling". This actually reminds me more of the keyboard on my XPS 13" (a few years old by now).

Must say that I am plesantly surprised about the Dell SupportAssistant software, hadn't really noticed that one before. Is it new? On of my main gripes with Dell has always been their catastrophic handling of updates and the standing joke of Dell Update never finding anything :D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018