XPS 15 9570 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by el3ctronics, May 16, 2018.

1. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Does anyone have the 1.1.4 BIOS? I'm on 1.0.5 and getting lots of crashes after temps raise (usually 2-3 minutes). The BIOS seems to have been pulled from the website but I'm still interested in trying it.

2. micmax

micmax Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, 9570 arrived yesterday. Tried a bit surfin and youtube dokus in the evening. Then in the morning Windows started updating to 1803. After and during the update the killer card wasn't recognized anymore. In Bios (1.05) wireless is all enabled. No entry in the device manager, nothing. I already tried to install the newest drivers from Dell and from Killer, but the card stays absent. Any Ideas?
    Fresh install?

Edit: Just opened the new XPS, took the killer out and in again. Works.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  3. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was just about to suggest that, or tap F12 on boot up and go itno diagnostics and see if the card was visible in there.

I've ordered the Intel 9260 from the US for mine, not a fan of the killer cards (although the new model is actually made by Intel)!

Glad you fixed it for now, perhaps you have a dodgy card.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  4. realwarder

realwarder Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank you!

5. seiyafan

seiyafan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My 9750 arrived a few days ago. I bought the baseline model (i5 w/o iGPU, and HDD) because I don't play games so I thought this may be better in terms of thermal management. Swapped the HDD with 970 EVO (use macrium reflect for cloning, had a few errors along the way but fixed them all eventually, the M.2 slot screw was missing so I used one of the screws holding the HDD there, probably the wrong screw to use but it's holding it well). Also swapped the killer card with Intel 9260. Updated BIOS to 1.1.4 then saw it got pulled out today, hmm...

6. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    How do you like it? And why not a fresh install of windows with the new drive? I would set to AHCI mode, do a fresh install, and then put on the samsung nvme drivers to take advantage of your nice new SSD.

7. abujafar

abujafar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can you replicate this in your 9570?

Is this a defective keyboard or is the user being super picky?

@custom90gt

8. seiyafan

Reputations:
    How do you do a fresh install with Win10? This is my first laptop in the last 8 years.

So far I like the screen very much, I did a calibration with DisplayCal (using i1D) and the contrast was around 1250:1, that's the highest I've seen on any matte IPS screen I've owned, higher than my 27'' Eizo. I noticed the native color temp was too high, I calibrated to 6400k so the screen looks a bit warmer and to reduce blue light going into my eyes. (I tried to adjust the RBG gain in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel but could't get the custom profile to load as default, not sure if there is a way).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  9. seiyafan

Reputations:
    Just tried on mine, if I press the corner gently it would miss one of out every 4-5 keystrokes, but if I use normal force it would register almost every keystroke.

10. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Download it either from MS or Dell (unless you added the USB revcovery media from Dell) and fire it over to a USB stick, the software will make it bootable.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

A clean install sort out a lot of issues as it removes all the bloatware.

Boot from the USB key and away you go.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019