XPS 15 9570 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by el3ctronics, May 16, 2018.

1. annabel_shanderin

annabel_shanderin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ah, the reason I assumed that you were concerned about DPC is that I thought you were the same person who posted this: https://twitter.com/azorfrank/status/1044479012389703680?lang=da

Sorry about that. As you say, I imagine nothing has changed, too.

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I am not the same person. My concern is mainly with the GPU and sleep functionality of the laptop. Neither of which were fixed...

Dannemand, pressing and maffle like this.
  3. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You'll only get them to change making junk like this IMHO if you either stop buying them or send it back and complain about its technical issues.

I returned my 9570 and I'm still on the lookout for a decent replacement model, but holding onto my wonga until something able to do what its meant to properly appears!

The whole 'thin but really powerful' design isn't working out as planned for Dell is it?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    maffle and pressing like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Woodking and pressing like this.
  5. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think the XPS Skylake platform which covers the 9550, 9560 & 9570 has some engineering flaws that can't be fixed until Dell completely reengineers the platform. Timing depends partly on Intel as I don't see Dell making big changes until necessary.

So, the XPS will continue with some issues, including audio, latency, sleep, heat, power, throttling, etc. I got most of these "largely" sorted on the 9550. The 9560 and 9570 suffer from more serious power requirements so they are further behind the ball as far as I am concerned.

Generally these are nice laptops for everyday internet surfing and light office use, if you are able to sort out the driver problems and thermal paste problems on your own. XPS will not deliver full spec on CPU or GPU so gaming and aggressive video editing are not realistic expectations (despite specs marketed by the 8750h and 1050ti).

maffle likes this.
  6. micmex

micmex Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Now I installed it too, and it changed my screen calibration to ugly.

maffle likes this.
  7. maffle

maffle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Happened to me too... I just installed 1.6.0 and after Windows reboot, the colors now are in too vibrant mode. This was before easily fixable, by going into Intel GPU settings and ticked the "Color Accuracy" checkbox... but the option is now GONE after the bios update. How can that be related to the bios update?? Weirdly also my DPI setting was reset to default 250% after the bios update.

The Dell Power Manager App isnt working now anymore too with the latest service update: https://www.dell.com/support/home/u...2&osCode=WT64A&productCode=xps-15-9570-laptop

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  8. inffy

inffy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Install the older 3.0 version from dell to get that fixed. Seems the new version is missing a module which it requires or something like that

9. eucalyptus

eucalyptus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Probably figured why I can't play cs go anymore, or anything for that matter and why I dropped from 250 fps down to 70.

I get 430 in Cinebench when you are supposed to get something between 1000-1200 haha

My XPS is power throttling. Before, a month ago I could play pubg and hit 99 degrees, now it won't go higher than 64 and the max watt usage is around 15-18. Far from the spec. 45W TDP...

So something somehwere is holding it back.

Dell power manager is set to performance and adaptive on the battery charge.

Any ideas? In idle Throttlestop "limit reasons" screams in red "EDP other" under ring. And red "PL 1" for core and yellow "PL 1" for GPU.

10. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What Windows settings do you have for that performance bar? CS GO is running like crap on everything these days it seems, 500 fps and you still get input lag when trying to throw a nade in a crowded place :D

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk