XPS 15 9570 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by el3ctronics, May 16, 2018.

1. annabel_shanderin

annabel_shanderin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  2. inffy

inffy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    as maffe pointed out in the reddit thread it will work. Just follow his instructions to remove the old driver and after that the new UWD driver installs fine.

annabel_shanderin likes this.
  3. annabel_shanderin

Reputations:
    Another thing, I'm experiencing an issue where my cpu clock is capped at a max of about 2,3 gHz in these scenarios:

1. If i turn on the machine without the AC adapter plugged in - connecting the AC even just a second after I pushed the power button and the max clock will still be around 2,3 gHz.

2. If I boot with AC connected, but disconnect it at any point, and then connect it again, the clock is capped at the above mentioned speed.

I've tried the obvious like fiddling with both Dell power app and windows power settings. No change. Only way I can get back to full speed is by shutting it down and turning it back on again.

It is a bit annoying; am I the only one?

4. annabel_shanderin

Reputations:
    Oh yes, I see. Followed the steps, and now on 6444. Curious to see if the display still flickers periodically after coming back from sleep. Also, it seems to have resat some settings, so don't forget to go into the control panel and disable "Color Accuracy" under 'display' -> 'color settings' to get your reds back!

5. micmex

micmex Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    New bios is out (ver. 1.6.0), anybody installed it yet?

6. annabel_shanderin

Reputations:
    Fixes:
    - Fixed the issue where an unexpected warning message is displayed when a USB Type-C device is connected.
    - Fixes the issue where the Dell Thunderbolt dock is not recognized after updating the power delivery firmware.

Enhancements:
    - Replaces Absolute Software service from Computrace to Absolute Persistence Module service.
    - Enhanced the supportability for BIOS attribute management through Windows Management Instrumentation service.

Sigh. I was really hoping for improvement in the DPC latency department with this one.

7. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Just installed it and at least it still boots. Nothing different for me, I didn't have either of those issues. GPU still has the same 75C power limit and the throttling bug when less than 50C. Sadly I think it's going back to Dell if this X1 Extreme is even half way decent...

*on edit*
    With Heaven and four instances of Prime95 my gpu runs at 400-650mhz. Ouch. I don't even think I'll try running any games on this release.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Dannemand and Papusan like this.
  8. annabel_shanderin

Reputations:
    Thanks for testing. And is ACPI.sys still spiking out?

9. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Sadly I don't ever test DPC latency as it doesn't matter to me. I would imagine nothing has changed on it.

10. maffle

maffle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is a pathetic joke. I am done with this crap laptop. Where are the countless promised bug fixes? This bios fixes NOTHING.

lol! did they make it even worse!?