XPS 15 9570 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by el3ctronics, May 16, 2018.

1. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    And you have regreted it ever since? :D

But you are probably right, hard to justify that upgrade from a 9560, even though I did it myself.

2. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Depends on your usage scenario @improwise . Those extra cores and extra speed are a bit "over-marketed" but they can provide a good bump in performance for some users. . .

The differences for me are nil but once Intel onboards ThunderBolt to the CPU, I will be back in the market.

custom90gt likes this.
  3. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, if you really need that extra oomph, perhaps the XPS in itself isn't the right tool. And yes, I can see the irony in that as that was the main reason I convinced myself to upgrade :D

4. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Modern standby is terrible. 11 percent drain in 1.5 hours. Laptop is hot. Sleep study reveals... It doesn't know why the CPU is in C0%. Utterly useless and it's been this way since it came out 4 years ago. This is literally why people switch to macs.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2018
    maffle, pressing and alaskajoel like this.
  5. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So what about this Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology that Dell update keeps insisting that you install? I guess that with AHCI it is not needed but should you avoid installing it? Gave in after a while and let it install it and have some "hangs" now that I am thinking of if it could be related...

6. Wildfire12

Wildfire12 Newbie

Reputations:
    Got the new Dell XPS 15 9570 with Geforce 1050 Max-Q. Did a clean Windows 10 install (not a Dell restore) and Windows installed Geforce drivers automatically from Windows update. Installed Geforce Experience and got the message "Installation cant continue. The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. No compatible hardware found".

I then tried to install the "Nvidia Graphics Application" from Dells support homepage. This is the Geforce Experience but packaged by Dell I guess. I then get the message: Something went wrong. Try restarting GeForce Experience".

Anyone know how to fix this and get Geforce Experience working so I always have the latest driver?

7. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Have you tried downloading the drivers directly from Nvidia?

8. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, had the same, uninstall using the recommended procedure with DDU and then install again. Ie, not enough just to download drivers from Nvidia, at least it wasnt when I tried.

9. Wildfire12

Wildfire12 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I downloaded GeForce Experience from Nvidias homepage first and when trying to install the driver in there I got the message "Installation cant continue. The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. No compatible hardware found".

10. Wildfire12

Wildfire12 Newbie

Reputations:
    What is the recommended procedure?