XPS 15 9570 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by el3ctronics, May 16, 2018.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Like @abujafar already mentioned, you being aggressive and constantly complaining about the modern standby thing isn't helping. I closed my 9560 for the weekend and came back to it and only lost 6% battery life and I don't have hibernate enabled. If abujafar wants to try to help the user, that's really none of your business.

sharpman and improwise like this.
  2. blue13x

blue13x Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is anyone having issues with the webcam? In low light it has a purple/pinkish hue. Is this normal?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. blue13x

blue13x Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Called this morning, getting a replacement.

4. eucalyptus

eucalyptus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hibernate seems to work way better than sleep. A few seconds slower, but keeping work environment without losing open sessions/windows and not draining the battery :)

5. maffle

maffle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can totally be a nice guy and post your sleepstudy as a proof for the "48h+ 6% modern standby loss" (you must have a magical device with a bottomless battery), otherwise, cool story.

Hibernate is no option it will ruin your SSD over time especially if you have so much RAM like 16 or even worse 32GB and lots of RAM usage.[/user]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  6. zakazak

zakazak www.whymacsucks.com

Reputations:
    It seems like the i7 choice is useable without throttling by re-pasting + undervolting.

How about the i9? Any benchmarks on that one available?

7. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Seriously, whats up with the attitude? I think that you could have something to contribute here but with that attitude, I guess I am not the only one just scrolling past your messages by now. If you really dislike Dell that much, there are plenty of other brands to buy from instead. No point hanging around here being "that guy".

sharpman, Eason and custom90gt like this.
  8. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried using the Bitsum softwares on the XPS15? Any noticable improvements?

https://bitsum.com/

9. abujafar

abujafar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @improwise for what I need, a good system cleanup from unnecessary program/services plus throttle stop is sufficient.
    To monitor processes and resources I use the sysinternal utilities in case of need.

Regarding the automatic load balancing feature, it sound interesting. However, It might be more appropriate in a server environment than in a desktop.
    Moreover, with these programs you always run the risk of introducing more bloat than you remove.
    The very act of increasing the amount of time the CPU spends *deciding what to do* instead of *just doing something* increases the overall execution time.

10. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @abujafar Seems like the bitsum stuff was mainly needed for older CPUs as I understand it.

Anyone tried out the Ultimate Performance power plan in the Windows 10 for Workstations? Actually installed it on a second partition but have not yet had time to tinker with it.

pressing likes this.