XPS 15 9560 owners thread.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Jan 20, 2017.

1. hiromik

hiromik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the tip, is "Toshiba XG4 non-SED Solid State Drive" the bad one ? :D

2. digitalallstar

digitalallstar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there a good alternative to Dell Premier Color to tweak the color profile of the screen? I've found that installing the software after a fresh install causes blue screens related to the video drivers.

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 Laptop Engineer & Online games hosting.

Reputations:
    My link is for ALL 9560's, you need to enter your service tag and see what it narrows it down too? or did Dell screw up and it shows both with your service tag (I wouldn't put it past them!)

I expect so as my old 720p laptop would to 1080p on the telly.

Smaller drives tend to be slower, apart form Samsung, although the PM961 maintains 3000mb/s read throughout the range.

I would put Liteon below Toshiba.

4. GoNz0

Reputations:
    Someone posted info about pulling the profiles and manually installing them so you don't need any software.

5. digitalallstar

Reputations:
    Thanks GoNz0. I'll do a quick search.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6. digitalallstar

Reputations:
    Welp, this update seems to have f'd up my bluetooth. Going to rollback to the original, see if that restores it.

7. archibalduk

archibalduk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anybody else suffering from occasional screen flicker? I have the 4k 32GB RAM model - I disabled the touchscreen setting via the BIOS immediately after the laptop arrived and I did a clean install.

Every now and then the screen will momentarily flash black (for maybe 0.25 - 0.5 seconds) and then go back to normal. Sometimes it'll flicker slightly before coming back - also there is sometimes some graphic black and white stripes/corruption (kind of looks like a barcode effect) at the same time.

I've updated to the newer Intel Graphics drivers (which fixed the Chrome lag for me - i.e. version 4590) but I still get the issue. I have also tried disabling Chrome from running in the background and using Opera instead. But the issue still remains. Some Googling revealed that others had the same issue with the 9550 and a setting on the Dell Wireless drivers fixed it. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Killer drivers were causing an issue - but unfortunately it does not have the same setting as the Dell Wireless drivers. I have also seen mention of disabling Hyper-v. Although I have Windows 10 Home (no Hyper-v), I've tried disabling the two Virtualisation settings in the BIOS but I'm still suffering from the issue.

I should add that it does not appear to be a mechanical issue. Moving the screen or tiling the laptop does not cause/replicate the issue. Instead, it'll happen randomly when the laptop is perfectly still.

It can go hours/days without the issue appearing and then suddenly I'll have two or three instances of it within an hour.

If anybody else has encountered the same issue and knows a fix then I'd be very grateful.

8. digitalallstar

Reputations:
    That didn't work. All I've done is update the chipset driver and calibrate the screen color with default windows color management now my bluetooth mouse won't work and the machine can't "see" any discoverable devices. Everytime there's an update for something it seems to break something else.

9. GoNz0

Reputations:
    Yes a few of us have posted the same this week.

10. Philaphlous

Philaphlous Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    whops... Maybe it's something dell specific? I don't use bluetooth on my machine so I wasn't aware of an issue...