XPS 15 9560 owners thread.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Jan 20, 2017.

1. pedro estrela

pedro estrela Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Because the problem is now on the service and not on the BIOS, I expect this to affect multiple XPS versions

could anyone that is experienced on WSL to run my script? The full instalation instructions are on the file itself
    https://github.com/pestrela/smi_counter

thank you

2. pedro estrela

pedro estrela Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    UPDATE #2:

• Previously I recommended to just disable the services.
      • This is not enough. Something reactivated the services some week(s) later.
    • New recommendation: Un-Install all Dell sofware with has "support" in the title.

3. zensunni2020

zensunni2020 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I have recently 'upgraded' the screen on my 9560 7300HQ from 1080p to the 4K UHD version (previous was damaged in use outdoors).

However, I have had problems with the maximum brightness since making the switch. I am absolutely convinced that this is lower than it should be, and have tried all sorts of hardware and software fixes to no avail.

Then it hit me that it might possibly be limited by the system, as I have not upgraded the battery from the 53 Wh to the larger 97 Wh. However, it is not my understanding that battery capacity would affect screen brightness.

Interestingly Intel Graphics Command HQ reports the screen gamma as 3.55, but I believe this should actually be 2.31 https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-9560-i7-7700HQ-UHD-Laptop-Review.200648.0.html

Can anyone help me solve this mess?

pressing likes this.
  4. Brg

Brg Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I got a quick q regarding getting a eGPU. I like to use one and display via the laptop. I understand that 9560 has very little bandwidth to do so.

I like to use it to play Modern Warfare: Warzone in 1080P. What is the min video card I need to do so to run the game smoothly (60 fps).

Thanks

5. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  6. [sito_web]

[sito_web] Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys!
    It's time for me to change the battery. I'm looking for the 97wh verson.
    Do you know where can I buy a new original one?

7. [sito_web]

[sito_web] Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If something is interested bought one directly from Dell for 55£

8. senaes

senaes Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, did you buy it off Dell's store or through contacting customer support? I don't see a 55£ version anyone on the UK store. Thanks.

9. DLDude

DLDude Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all, had battery swelling on my 9560 last fall so I replaced it with what I thought was a a Dell battery but I think it was a fake. Only get 45min-1hr on a charge. Hoping to get a REAL replacement so I can get back to the 3-4hrs I used to get when it was new (still not a great battery life). Is there a "go-to" place to buy the battery? I found this: https://www.newegg.com/p/16J-001J-01445

It has the Dell logo on it but since it's not shipped from NewEgg itself, I worry it could be an offbrand too

10. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Where did you buy the fake?