XPS 15 9560 owners thread.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Jan 20, 2017.

1. YoungG

YoungG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys is there anybody getting a weird error message in the Event viewer. Everytime my laptop restarts or wakes up, it records bthusb eventID 5 in the Event viewer (The Bluetooth driver expected an HCI event with a certain size but did not receive it). All the drivers and bios are up to date and never had this problem. However, BT seems to be working OK. I did tried all the version of the drivers including old ones. If I turn off the bluetooth, no error is reported.
    This is driving me nuts please help...

2. lesz

lesz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, I get the same Event ID 5 error every time the computer starts up and every time it wakes from sleep.

My guess has been that, when the computer starts or wakes from sleep, the error is being recorded before Bluetooth has a chance to start up again. Everything seems to work fine. Thus, even though I tend to be quite OCD about Event Viewer errors, I try to have the self control needed to ignore the errors.

I'll also note that, for me, that error started to appear in the Event Viewer at the same time when I started to use a Bluetooth mouse. Before that, I had never seen the error. I, too, have tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers, uninstalling and re-installing the mouse, etc., but I have not been successful in eliminating the error.

With Windows 7 computers, I prided myself on having a clean Event Viewer, and, on the rare occasions when an error did show up in the Event Viewer, fixing whatever caused the error was usually fairly simple. Unfortunately, I find that the same is not true with Windows 10, and I've had to learn to ignore errors for which there is no apparent fix and that don't seem cause any problems at all.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  3. lesz

lesz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A new BIOS version (1.12.1) was posted on the Dell website today (20-23-18)

Philaphlous likes this.
  4. Philaphlous

Philaphlous Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Judging by the notes it doesn't look like anything really important... I'll pass. my machine is working great...and a semester left of grad school so not going to risk anything at this point...

5. lesz

lesz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know that I should be more careful than I am because I've been burned by bad updates in the past, but I gave this one a try. Everything went smoothly during the update, and I am not seeing any problems after the update.

Trader05 likes this.
  6. AceOfDaves

AceOfDaves Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Installed without incident yesterday.

7. Vlatko

Vlatko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have problems with my HDMI output on XPS 9560. The signal is breaking intermittently, like it's constantly losing and establishing connection - it happens on 2 TV's and with 2 different cables - so I think the problem lies on the laptop side. Either drivers or the HDMI port.

What are my options? If I use the USB-C port for video output I can't have audio go through it as well which is a deal breaker - or am I wrong? I use the HDMI output to watch a movie in the bedroom late at night - so I need both audio and video on the same cable.

8. GoNz0

GoNz0 Laptop Engineer & Online games hosting.

Reputations:
    Try display driver uninstaller then put the latest Intel display drivers on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pressing likes this.
  9. Philaphlous

Philaphlous Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I sure hope I won't hit my power limit... If that's the case...I need to upgrade my outlet in my house...big time! Can I get a 240V power adapter..
    [​IMG]

hehe

pressing likes this.
  10. van_on

van_on Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi everyone,

Just got one crazy idea in my head.

What about adding a SECOND m2 ssd to XPS 9560? I think this will keep the original 97wh battery both with the second ssd. Should be enough space inside, huh?

So anybody tried it yet? Need some kind of a xps sata cable to m2/nvme slot, and then just stick the second ssd somewhere on the battery.

[​IMG]