XPS 15 9560 owners thread.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Jan 20, 2017.

1. pascaladjaero

pascaladjaero Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Restarted in safe mode
    Uninstalled and deleted both drivers
    Restarted computer...
    Problem hasn't come back but my heart races whenever I log in because i went through at least 20 black screen while trying to solve the problem yesterday afternoon

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Davka

Davka Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for answers.
    So it's confirmed that the new NVIDIA driver causes serious problems on our XPSes.
    New Intel driver is OK though :)

3. AceOfDaves

AceOfDaves Newbie

Reputations:
    I was having a similar issue. I rolled back my Nvidia Driver to 397.64 but wasn't 100% convinced that this was the problem yet as I'd just opened my 9650 up and replaced the battery. I couldn't rule out the possibility that I'd touched the wrong thing and broken my frickin' laptop! I guess that I still can't, but I am reassured to hear of similar problems and successful fixes. :)

4. Uri Mevs

Uri Mevs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. GoNz0

GoNz0 Laptop Engineer & Online games hosting.

Reputations:
    Odd, I didn't have any issues, I am on the 24 series Intel as well if that made a difference?

Only issue I have is the display cache bug since I clean installed 1803 where it locks for a second or two when you close certain folders, windows etc.

6. Jff007

Jff007 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I haven't had any issues either on mine.Not even the locking issue.

7. pascaladjaero

pascaladjaero Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I noticed this as well... Ever so often you see a slight hang sometimes when you close a window or just move the cursor around. This came after the April update

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. Willy330Ci

Willy330Ci Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ^^^ Same here, display cache bug! very annoying.

9. Dida86

Dida86 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

after selling my MBP 2016 15 inch hated the keyboard, typing a lot at work on normal keybaords, having a mechanical at hime - yeah it was a bad buy, lost like a 1000€ selling after a year which was actually ok for me. Then I wanted one of these nice 144Hz gaming things, tested some, had an AW 15r4, 13r3 etc. then went for the XPS 13 9370 full soec, which for me, has wayyyyy to much ghosting :/

So I thought ok check the Dell Website, Razer QS and availability in Germany of the 15 inch and so brought me there after I had the GS65 creaky thing at home - went for the 4k full spec 9560 with the big price drop right now.

So I got it for the exact price I bought the 9370 for :D long story

Anyway, where I am right now I am trying to get information, maybe you could help, also reading like 410 pages would take days :D

- What should I check when I get it ( for not later realizing something that's not ok when it's too late)
    - Does it have a Windows precision trackpad? Without needing drivers a.s.o.?
    - How well does Linux run or it?
    - I got a 1080ti in my desktop, playing lots of games when I got real free time - is the 1050 ok for like playing Forza 7 and pubg at reasinable settings?
    - What is the default scale you are using in Windows /Linux?

I hope I do not bother you with these questions too much, but I finally want a device that is nicely built and actually does what it does nicely :)

Thanks a lot in advance :)

10. JoelK

JoelK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey... is there any part of throttlestop that can stop the PL1 throttling of a 800MHz CPU? Have already disabled turbo, resulting in CPU temps of only 60 Deg and the dell EC shows the ambient <75 Deg (should be referring to the VRMs right? under HWINFO) Repasted and undervolted by -126mV already... idk what else i can do besides uninstalling intel DPTF but it always reinstalls itself