]]>

XPS 15 9560 owners thread.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Jan 20, 2017.

1. duevvu

duevvu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    really thanks

Vasudev likes this.
  2. TryingAtLife

TryingAtLife Newbie

Reputations:
    I continue to run into the problem when when I turn my laptop on it throws an error message saying the the main boot drive is not installed.
    This is my first time using the forum so if I did something wrong I apologize.

3. SDeP58

SDeP58 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,

First & foremost, if I posted this in the wrong forum I'm sincerely sorry, as I just want the gracious & grateful advice of the experts for my unit & needs and I always come to the Owner's Lounge or thread for it.

I quietly visit this great venue frequently yet still about once a year, after the new models or refreshes have been out for a while, I come to you experts for gracious & grateful advice on if there’s something new that will better fit my needs.

I presently own the XPS 15 9550 i7 6700HQ, 16GB, 512 PCIe SSD (Toshiba) with the 4K and my “main” thing I enjoy doing with my computer is “viewing” pictures in the best detail possible so, to all you gracious and previous 9550 owners out there, would I benefit any selling my unit and purchasing it’s refresh in the 9560?

Thank you kindly & kind regards,
    SDeP58

4. Willy330Ci

Willy330Ci Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ^^^ This is annoying somehow

No, you won't benefit anything by updating to 9560

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Don16

Don16 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So i just found out my 4k display is glueing off? I can push the 4k display on the left side a little and i could feel how it is going back to its default position. But the right side is OK. Anybody had this problem?

6. SDeP58

SDeP58 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    First & foremost, I want to thank you for your time and expert advice in responding as it is greatly appreciated.

Next, If your referencing the quotes in your gracious response, I'm sincerely sorry if I annoyed you in quoting and emphasizing what I basically do and enjoy with my computer, as I see so many people interested in photo editing and I wanted for the gracious members to know that I'm only interested in photo viewing, which I guess from the members standpoint still can be considered the same thing. At any rate I always prefer safe than sorry.

Finally, because of your gracious & grateful reply I will now try to extend my warranty on my unit with Dell as I just wanted to be real sure I wasn't wasting my money on something I needed to sell.

Kind Regards,
    SDeP58

7. Willy330Ci

Reputations:
    Guys, could any of you check device manager to see if they have 8 Cores or just 4 like in my case? please see attached photo.

If you do have 8 instead of 4, then why am I getting this?

Attached Files:

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Did you disable Hyper Threading in BIOS?

Willy330Ci likes this.
  9. Willy330Ci

Reputations:
    ^^^ That was it, can't remember doing that but oh well.

Thank you very much!

10. trvelbug

trvelbug Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    hello guys, just got myself a 9560 with the 4k screen. Loving the laptop for the most part but there are some things that seems to be off. Firstly, my internet speed drops drastically when I use my usb 3 hdd enclosures. Ive also tried using a usb-3 to usb3 hub which did not help. I have the killer wifi card and I do know that there are some issues with usb3 and 2.4ghz wifi signals. I also have intermittent and weak wifi signal even after a dell support tech help me setup the (supposedly) proper killer driver 12.0.0.307 from april 2017. However, I think I also notice some intermittent wifi slowdown when I seem to use my non usb 3 and I notice that sometimes the wifi connection degrades, although this could just be the usual intermittent degradation for the killer card vis-a-vis 2.4 ghz signals.

I also observed that when I pull out or plug in the psu while playing video there is a slight but consistent stutter in video (~1 secs). Also, the laptop seems a bit laggy compared to my older sager, ie programs opening 1-3 secs later than expected, startup and shutdown times longer.

Are these things normal issues of the laptop that can be fixed by driver or even component updates? Or could these be symptoms of something wrong with my laptop which requires a replacement ( some kind of electrical ground)?

tia