XPS 15 9560 owners thread.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Jan 20, 2017.

1. cwagz78

cwagz78 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok. One thing did change. The system is using the lower multipliers now. It is just mostly hanging out at 16x.

2017-09-01_17-39-49.png

2. Rex-i7

Rex-i7 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anyone having issues with windows scaling up on external monitor? I have 2 external monitors (24" IPS Asus and HP) connected via Plugable Thunderbolt to the monitors using dual display ports. When I drag a window from the XPS laptop to the external monitors the windows are scaled up. I am able to do the work around if I wait for the windows to be highlighted on the monitors, however when opening a file say attaching a file the windows are still scaled up (window is huge and font and folders are big). Any solution? Thanks in advance.

3. cwagz78

Reputations:
    If you expose the SST options in Windows without first setting them per the write-up on the first page you will see that (Processor autonomous activity window) is 30000 microseconds default. The guide on page 1 sets it to 0 microseconds. I think maybe this was causing the crazy keyboard lag I was experiencing.

This is from my desktop after just exposing the settings. SST was already enabled by default. It is a custom built machine.

I matched all the power plans per the windows defaults. The default in Windows for plugged in is 33% on the balanced plan.

Seems to be working pretty good even though it still mostly sits at 16x

2017-09-01_18-00-31.png

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Processor autonomous activity window is 0 ms on mine?

5. cwagz78

Reputations:
    The command line commands on the first page will overwrite the default and set it to 0ms. I just exposed the settings on my desktop computer and saw that it was default 30000ms. Also the "Dell" powerplan on my XPS was not overwritten by the commands on the first page and it was set to 30000. I am not sure what the ramifications are for this setting but I think the default in Windows is 30000.

6. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Not sure but on my clean install it came out as 0MS.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. cwagz78

Reputations:
    I am going to clean install now. I put an intel wifi card in and the killer stuff still has services running. I will post what I get.

8. cwagz78

Reputations:
    I used the media creation tool and made an ISO straight from Microsoft. Secure erased the drive and did a clean install.

I am attaching the default SST settings after just exposing them in the power plan with no other adjustments. I also put in the commands I used to expose the settings.

These are the same settings I saw on my Desktop machine (except it does not have the battery settings)

Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG

9. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Odd, I will have to see what mines at next reinstall.

10. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    New BIOS 1.4 out yesterday and a few other updates showing over the last week.

Fixes & Enhancements
    Extending battery support

?