XPS 15 9560 owners thread.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Jan 20, 2017.

1. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  2. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    No but the drives are supported so long as you don't mind an additional password at startup.

3. Black-cat

Black-cat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I think I fixed the sticky touchpad left click. I opened the base cover, removed battery, and added two pieces of electric tape between the trackpad and the dome click switch. Somehow that seem to help the trackpad bounce back.

However, I just found out that the headphone jack isn't working. Left side not working. Hopefully it's a software issue... Will look into drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It should ask you what you have plugged in so it can use the correct connections.

5. Black-cat

Black-cat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried both headphone or headset. I'd select the appropriate headphone or headset setting, but it'd only play sound on right side. I could kind of hear left channel when the headphone is pullled out slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. vas

vas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Agree with you about matte screen. I running mine laptop (9560/UHD/16GB/512GB) for one week, I missing matte screen ... but ordered matte screen protector so i'll get rid of that glare very soon + I have external matte display - so not hurts very much until ordered screen protector arrival.

The one thing I can disagree with you - you're blaming windows about horrible scalling in "some apps" ??
    Are you joking? Are you really developer/programmer? It seems like your knowledge just little above zero about how scaling in apps appear. Its not operating system draw apps. It apps itself arrange their controls e.t.c. Properly developed app doesn't have scaling problems at all... it just not scaled by OS ... it scaled (taking into account current DPI settings) by design ... . Please blame programmers who does apps even not bother about others who have higher than 92dpi displays. Bless to MS they implemented automatic stretch for that badly designed apps so we can use high-res displays. Of course you'll notice side-effect of that stretch - just like you zoomed low-res picture by scale-factor.

7. vas

vas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just posted there - but in fact this thread is moderated ... so "white noise" will be filtered I think

pressing likes this.
  8. vas

vas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You don't need C6/C7 states
    As C8 - is replacement for those C6 and C7

9. vas

vas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The 1st thing i've done when received unit - deleted this crappy antivirus...
    Since MS built in their own antivirus - I never used any other

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  10. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Whats the point then of this software compared to whats in the BIOS? Or doesn't the XPS15 BIOS support SED passwords?