XPS 15 9560 owners thread.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Vedya

Vedya There Is No Substitute...

Reputations:
    Has anyone else experienced issues with screen flickering? Also, how do I search posts in this thread specifically lol.

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    click search and tick this thread only :p

flicker tends to be the intel video drivers, good results putting the latest intel non beta on manually but on this install (may not happen to everyone) I had to disable driver updated for the hardware ID of the intel video as Microsoft kept putting the Dell driver back on.

aBs0lut3z33r0 likes this.
  3. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Do you also experience that after resuming from standby (and probably boot as well) the WiFi in the XPS15 takes forever to reconnect to its wifi? have several other laptops and they are usually connected by the time I have even typed in the password or used the fingerprint reader so it shouldn't be the networks fault.

4. cRuNcHiE

cRuNcHiE Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The newest chrome update seems to fix the laggy scrolling. seems to be on-par with Edge now.

Install the Touchpadswipe extension and 2 finger forward/backward nav works well too.

aBs0lut3z33r0 likes this.
  5. TechBook01

TechBook01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where can I buy the 97Whr battery? I want to put it in my 9550.

6. aBs0lut3z33r0

aBs0lut3z33r0 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1.All my problems related to the performance of Seagate SSHD resolved on forcing the 4590 intel driver . Windows update downgraded it to older version . The SSHD is performing like expected. The old intel display driver brought my SSHD to knees. It was on 100% utilization even when few mbs of data was read or written

2.The lag while opening file explorer was caused my nvidia control panel settings. Ideally the speed of opening file explorer via "This PC" and launching file explorer directly should be the same . There also a huge lag when right clicking a installed exe file .This can be solved by unchecking "Add Run with nvidia graphics processor to the context menu " from the nvidia control panel .

3.Most problems with the killer driver can be solved by uninstalling it from the control panel . It uninstalls only the performance suite . The performance suite is a major problem . With the performance suite i was getting problems with torrent. The killer needs more testing

you need disable the animation in the setting for it to work properly.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  7. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I am following a chrome bug "Issue 647038" where the trackpad 2 finger scroll stops working with Kaspersky installed, someone posted the latest update fixed this so I am trying it out with anticipation. I hold no hope as I have fouund out most people posting on the bugs thread have no idea what they are doing!

Not from Dell yet it seems, best bet is eBay to find systems being broken for parts.

It kept installing the older driver for me until I disabled it via group policy, not sure how to get round that unless you have Win 10 Pro installed though.

8. aBs0lut3z33r0

aBs0lut3z33r0 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ^I have disabled win10 driver updates through O&O shut up on win10 pro. It's a must have for windows 10. Haven't tried on win 10 home.

9. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  10. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It's quite amusing using a BenQ W1210ST gaming projector using screen mirroring to show the panel latency!
    As good as the projector is I am paranoid setting it up with a 2 year old running riot so it's going up for sale as I will never use it :(