XPS 15 9560 owners thread.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by GoNz0, Jan 20, 2017.

1. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I was flicking through the BIOS and noticed that Dell are setting fastboot to to check everything meaning POST is extended, setting this to minimal and from pressing the power button to desktop now takes under 10 seconds, about 7 at the last count.

2. thefiverivers

thefiverivers Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's good to hear! Still waiting on 4k option

Let us know your impressions when you get yours and thanks for the info!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Eason likes this.
  3. insidemanpoker

insidemanpoker Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks guys. I think I was jumping the gun but I was hoping to find out before it shipped so I could cancel without having to deal with a return but it sounds like that isn't possible since you don't get a service tag and those details until after it's shipped?

On a totally unrelated note, do you think a 14" or 15" sleeve/case is more suitable? Any strong recommendations? I'd be partial to something that has a shoulder strap since I'd use it more for travel. As of now, I'm leaning toward this: https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Shou...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q5Z64T3YD279FR4FGFTK

It's an Inateck shoulder bag but I can't decide which size would be better. Is it better that it is super snug or that it has some room to breath so other things, like cables, can fit more comfortably? Any other suggestions altogether?

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You tend to find a 14" case fits this laptop, I ended up with a backpack that took a 14" and the laptop fitted just fine.

5. Philaphlous

Philaphlous Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

13.3 should fit:
    "Broadly Fitted: Internal dimensions: 14.3" x 9.6" x 1"; External dimensions: 14.7" x 10.2" x 1.2"."

XPS 15: Height: 0.45 – 0.66" (11-17mm) | Width: 14.06" (357mm) | Depth: 9.27"

I got the 13.3 Procase: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016Z3EHN6/ref=twister_B01KSJNWFC?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 and it fits the laptop great!

6. jbnb

jbnb Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Newbie question. Apologies if this has been answered, as I couldn't quite go through all 120+ pages.

Can we use a Microsoft surface Pen or any other Windows pen with our touch screen on the Dell XPS 15 (9560)? Since it's not a convertible 2-in-1, I realize the use cases are not that often, but as an avid user of the S-pen, it'd be nice to be able to scribble on the gorgeous touch screen for a quick jot - especially with OneNote.

Please let me know if any you have tried using a pen and whether it works on our touchscreen. Thanks!

7. GoNz0

GoNz0 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    No but you can use those cheap ass pens for touchscreens but not posh pens like the one with my Galaxy note. And I don't think anyone asked.

8. jbnb

jbnb Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply! I too love using the S-pen with my Galaxy Note 5 & 10.1 to jot things down .... a pity nothing similar is available for our Dell XPS 15s.

I was hoping Dell's Active Pen (for the XPS 13 2-in-1) may be compatible, but I guess not. Please let me know if anyone else knows otherwise.

9. insidemanpoker

insidemanpoker Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What's the best way to cast to a TV as a second monitor wirelessly with the killer wifi?

10. cRuNcHiE

cRuNcHiE Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone else noticed a weird thing with the intel graphics settings?

The colour gamut slider seems to show the same if set to natural colors or full vivid colours. Only the settings in between seem to look different.

Also, the screen looks way better if contrast is set to minimum.(40)