XPS 15 (9560) Drivers

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by cloud023, May 22, 2017.

1. cloud023

cloud023 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Using the recording app inside Maxxaudio, the recording is indeed stereo. I tested by covering up the left and right mics separately and blowing on the other. Listening to the play back, the left and right are distinctly seperated.

djkanoko likes this.
  2. djkanoko

djkanoko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OK, I finally figured out the actual source for the erroneous mono mic output. It wasn't the driver at all. In the MAXX program under the voice tab, if I have that section enabled, the microphone switches to mono. The reason an older driver worked as well was that it didn't work with MAXX so that section was always disabled.

3. cloud023

cloud023 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've just updated this post, probably the biggest update since its creation. Due to the release of XPS 13 9360 w/ 8th gen processors, a ton of new drivers have been released. Full details in the change log.

For Nvidia, they have since released another hotfix, but the specific issues apply only to those using G-SYNC monitors or alienware laptops with 9xx series GPUs. For the Killer Wifi, their new control center still uses the same driver components.

anytimer likes this.
  4. Poji

Poji Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I tried downloading the Intel 630 but got an error saying the driver is not validated for my 9560. Any idea why?

[Edit]
    Nvm apparently someone had the issue. Shall try the workaround when I have the time.

5. naturecannon

naturecannon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. GreaseMonkey90

GreaseMonkey90 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried the new BIOS 1.5.0 for 9560?

http://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cadhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=WWT57

Fixes & Enhancements
    1.Fixed a Bitlocker recovery issue when Dell Thunderbolt Dock is connected to the system, and PCR1 is selected in the Bitlocker Group Policy
    2. Fixed a Bitlocker recovery issue when Dell Type C Dock or Dongle is connected to the system, and PCR2 is selected in the Bitlocker Group Policy
    3. Fine tune thermal setting for improve CPU/DGPU performance.
    4. Fix thunderbolt hard drive issue in legacy mode
    5. Enhance WLAN performance in 2.4GHz Ch6.
    6. Enhanced DCPM warning message.

7. Mr.Bricss

Mr.Bricss Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, it's working like a charm for me.