*** XPS 15 7590 Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Spartan, Jun 23, 2019.

1. mousefai

mousefai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    why not? i see tb16 has enough video ports.. is it because the wattage problem?

2. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No, it's because the only docking station ever produced that is worse is the TB15. Endless problems. Google it if you don't believe me.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

pressing likes this.
  3. mousefai

mousefai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    quick q then

if i buy the WD19TB, how many maximum external monitor does it support including the onboard hdmi output?

Thanks.

4. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Best is too look up that info from Dell. If I recall correctly, the TB16 might have better multi monitor support, at least in theory. This of course depends on resolution as well and connection type.

5. Jff007

Jff007 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It does depend on your TB16 though. Mine has been perfect since I got it (~2 years ago). Only issue I had was a monitor validation issue in Windows that caused refresh rates higher than 120Hz to flicker incessantly. After cleaning my registry, the issue went away and it's been smooth sailing since with the TB16. Since I'm selling my XPS soonish though, I'll have to sell it as well. Don't pay a lot for one, and get one with a warranty so you can get replacements from Dell as needed.

pressing likes this.
  6. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, I'd rather say the configuration decides how well it works. In a multi monitor configuration combined with frequent "hotplugs" it has been a nightmare, all which is gone with the new docking station. And if you Google it, you will see that I am far from the only one to have come to that conclusion. As an added bonus, you don't have to live with what might be the most irritating fan in computing history (and that's coming from someone who owns a laptop with a built in 1080 GPU and an overclocked CPU).

I used to have two TB16s, now I have only one after having smashed one of them to pieces. Perhaps not my proudest moment in life but I would lie if I said I regretted it. And I am usually not someone who smashes things on purpose.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    pressing likes this.
  7. Plex1969

Plex1969 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just ordered an XPS 15 7590 with i9 processor
    Will need to undervolt it but what is the best program/method lately? I've read there were some issues with sleep mode etc?
    Anyone can link me a good beginner guide please? Thx in advance!
    Would it be a good idea to reinstall W10 also . I will upgrade the ssd to an 2TB EVO 970 Plus and maybe I can copy the partition with True Image or is this not a good idea?

8. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    https://www.ultrabookreview.com/31385-the-throttlestop-guide/

Papusan and pressing like this.
  9. jhigh2K

jhigh2K Newbie

Reputations:
    What is the consensus/recommendation regarding graphics drivers for the XPS 7590 - stick with official Dell-approved drivers or use the latest reference drivers from Intel and Nvidia?

10. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I use the Intel video driver from Dell and nvidia from GeForce experience on mine. Seems great so far!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

jeremyshaw likes this.