*** XPS 15 7590 Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Spartan, Jun 23, 2019.

1. vsherry

vsherry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I play 4K Blu-rays with PowerDVD with no problem. You just need an optical drive that can play UltraHD Blu-rays. I played UltraHD Blu-rays on the 9560, so the latest XPS 15 is most definitely capable. That would be going backward, and I wouldn't have bought it.

2. vsherry

vsherry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Reinstalling Windows fixed my problem. I haven't tried it at lowest brightness.

3. QUICKSORT

QUICKSORT Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi, I sorry if these questions are asked before but I wanted some advice.
    I currently have the Alienware Area 51M, And to be quite honest, I've had it with gaming laptops. Especially since I also don't game that much anymore. I miss REAL portability, AND I do care a lot about the looks of the laptop too.
    In terms of looks there are only 2 laptops that I really like.
    Razer blade 15 and the dell XPS 15.

The razer blade 15 I tried getting, but it's a pain to get the US QWERTY layout in Belgium, and then the warranty can also be an issue if I end up getting a US version.

So I said screw it, since price wise it's the same I am now thinking about combining an XPS 15 With a Razer Core X Chroma.
    I couple things I like about this is, Basically one cable to connect my GPU, monitor and peripherals, Maintain real portability, As I practically never game on battery, or on the go, and I have the nice slick laptop with the business looks.
    And Dell has a lot better support than Razer + better customization options.

Now to my questions.

Should I go for i9 or i7? price is not the issue for me. Temperature is the real concern to me. Does the i9 get hotter than the i7? Even with an undervolt (as I most certainly will do an undervolt)
    Also, anyone else who has experience using the razer core x with the XPS 15?

Any issues? Is performance fine? E.g. I'd like to use an RTX 2080 with it, Will my performance be worse than the RTX 2080 I have in my current laptop? Which is a slightly weaker version than the real deal running at 180 Watt.
    Also how about the Drivers? There is a GTX 1650 in the laptop, and the RTX 2080 through the razer core. which nvidia drivers do I install?

Anything else I should worry about this setup?

4. ninja2000

ninja2000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It won’t be a one cable set up I am afraid, when I tried this a while ago the xps would only end up getting 60w from the core and not the 100w it should receive. I had to also plug in the barrel 130w connector as well as the thunderbolt

improwise likes this.
  5. Scorpik

Scorpik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello All,

Black Friday is coming lads and I would like get a new laptop :)
    Thinking about two rigs, one is Dell XPS with I7 9750H / 16 GB Ram / 512 m.2 GB SSD / 1650 4GB and OLED display, the second one is Alienware m15 R2 with I7 9750H / 16GB Ram / 512 GB m.2 SSD / 2060 6GB with OLED display.

The first one cost atm 2000 Euro and the second one approx 2500 Euro, at Black Friday will be possible 15-25 percent discount, so leave me know with one I should get, and why, thanks a lot :)

Kindest Regards
    Scorpik

6. lesz

lesz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I was curious about whether those who have been getting the OLED display have had any issues with screen burn-in. I know that burn-in can be an issue with OLED panels on TVs when static images are left on the screen for extended periods of time, and I would think that, with a computer, there might be a greater likelihood that static images would be left on the screen for longer periods of time, and, once the burn-in manifests itself, it is likely permanent.

7. Scorpik

Scorpik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well I am curious too :)

8. Willy330Ci

Willy330Ci Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Samsung -which is the manufacturer of the OLED panel used in the 7590 OLED- has been selling OLED laptops for 5 years now, none of their laptops has had any burn-in problems in the past 5 years. So, the OLED panel in the XPS is NOT a new technology at all.

Knowing this should make anyone drop their suspicion, just saying!

9. mousefai

mousefai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Going to review my new 7590, got some questions.
    Currently, I am using matebook x pro with dual monitor setup.

1st, does the 7590 support dual monitor? if so, what is the best connection method?
    2nd, does it support 4k or 5k monitor? if so, what is the best setup?
    3rd, I heard there is a dock you can buy for better cable management. Any recommend dock to buy for this laptop?
    4th, What is the max numbers of monitor you can output for this notebook in 1080p or 4k or both?

Thanks.

10. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What ever you do, don't buy that PoS TB16 but instead get s WD19TB. My heart and blood pressure thanks me for throwing the TB16 in the garbage can.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk