*** XPS 15 7590 Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Spartan, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hows the battery life on it? Also would you say its superior to the 9550, 9560 and 9570?

How big of a performance difference is it compared to the i9 processor compared to my i5-6300hq quad core processor?

2. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    depends what you're doing. Coding/compiling... 4 hours or less with OLED/i7. Light media and browsing use with dark mode, 8-9 hours.

3. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Someone told me the X1 Extreme throttles at 80C and overheats, is that true?

4. _sem_

_sem_ Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Spartan likes this.
  5. Nipun Hazra

Nipun Hazra Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I'm new here. Actually I have no idea which forum is best for having solutions for PC problems, like XDA for mobiles. I hope I have come to the right place.
    So, I just bought the XPS 15 7590 i7 and although I already like the laptop, but the volume and sound quality of the speakers really killing me. So is there any well known solution for that to improve the volume at least? Please pardon me for not going through all 200+ pages of this forum. If possible, please point me to the right direction.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

6. _sem_

_sem_ Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, external speakers or earphones ;(
    Sound is a design compromise here.

7. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    New XPS 15 7590 BIOS 1.3.3, but installation fails from SupportAssist. Seems to work when installing manually.Doing it now on mine.

jeremyshaw likes this.
  8. vsherry

vsherry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone else with the UltraHD IPS screen have display issues? I have noticed certain gradients will be blotchy on my XPS 15 but smooth on other displays? I have also noticed some issues where parts of video, especially things in the background, become blotchy and unattractive too. Again, if I watch the same file on my MacBook Pro, it looks fine.

9. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    Is it a colorspace issue? Is there some color profile limiting your display gamut? Are the Intel IGP power saving functions enabled for some reason (outside of panel self refresh). Is the player actually gamut aware (is it trying to output 10bit content via an 8 bit pipeline, unawares?)? These are all things a MacBookPro does well out of the box, admittedly.

Eason likes this.
  10. vsherry

vsherry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Honestly, I hardly understand that. The computer only gives me one color profile to choose from. I know that. How would I check Intel IGP power saving functions?