*** XPS 15 7590 Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Spartan, Jun 23, 2019.

1. abujafar

abujafar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    hmscott and maffle like this.
  2. maffle

maffle Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Everyone who owns a 9570, please open a ticket at Dell about this. This cant be allowed, they "fix" this on the new model, and leave the 9570 in the trash. The 9570 throttles to 300MHz too which is unplayable at 75°C. They could do the same, throttling to around 1150MHz which would still give decent performance in most games.

3. G46VW

G46VW Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  4. jabbok

jabbok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I opened a ticket today as I am having issues and I am only playing a video online, emails and surfing the net the latency is really high video and audio will cut out. Dell sent an email to install Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework, restart, run the diagnostics and it should fix the issue but it made it worse the fans are on most of the time and the latency is worse that it was before.

I emailed them back with some samples of the latency and am waiting for a reply back as to what they will do.

5. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  6. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No, but I will make a comment that the same issue is present on the 9570.

"On this topic, however, I have been told by a number of 9570 owners that a similar throttling issue as originally present on the 7590 still exists on the 9570. That is, the XPS 15 9570 with GTX 1050Ti exhibits the same throttling to 300 MHz at 75C that the 7590 initially did. I find it strange that the XPS 15 9570 has been out for a year or so and had this problem for months without any resolution, and that makes me more than a little bit wary of Dell's commitment to supporting these machines."

pressing, maffle and Prototime like this.
  7. seiyafan

seiyafan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does it have a space for a 2.5 inch SATA SSD?

8. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    Versions with the 56Whr battery should, but options for it haven't shown up in the Dell configurator. Those options have shown up for the Precision 5540, a closely related variant of the 7590..

9. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I'm curious if the new bios actually fixes the GPU throttling during gaming. If I didn't pick up this Aero15x, I would consider the 7590 if it actually works...

pressing likes this.
  10. erikjoya

erikjoya Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I use a 87w usb c charger. This forces the dell laptop not to reach the full gpu potential but at the same time, it will never reach the 75c throttling point. I will get a stable 1200mhz core during my lumion load.