XPS 15 2-in-1 with 8th Gen Core G?

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by RvN76, Jan 7, 2018.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Maybe, or like I said, maybe they screwed up their calibration. I did on one of my devices, and it was horrible trying to edit photos and they come out looking all wrong. Popped on my calibration equipment to see what was up, did a re-cal, and bammo, great looking again! It happens. But, maybe they got a dud screen, that does happen. Not often, but it does. I have had devices be DOA, just send it back, got another, and good to go. NOW, when you have issues like I did with my asus vivotab RT, where ALL THREE I own have the same issue, then you can call it a **** product!

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Dellerator Moderator

Reputations:
    I get where you are coming from. They check the color accuracy of the screen before and after calibrating though. Sucks that they got a crap panel for review since many people, myself included, take their reviews very seriously.

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's always better to get more than one opinion. I NEVER look at one site when I research a product. I visit a variety of sites, and sources EVERY TIME. Takes bias out of it then. When every site says the same thing about something, then it's probably correct. But when you only look at one site, who state something, and you take it as gospel, then that is a disservice to yourself, and other when you spread that as you take as gospel.

4. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Lol ok you can get off your high horse. I look at numerous reviews but for screen calibrations I go to NBC.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  5. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I don't know who that is, I have had bad dell products....Just that there is ALOT of Dell bull crap on here...

I am not on any high horse any more than you are with your constant XPS crap this, XPS crap that!...

6. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Lol I never said XPS crap, I said they suck at cooling which I've shown proven time and time again. I've also shown users ways to help their XPS not suck at cooling as much. I really wanted you to comment on the Jeep thing that I posted in the 9570 thread, I thought it was funny and spot on.

7. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No one uses a locker in 2wd in a jeep...Just as no one should use an XPS for gaming....NOT WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR! A locker is used for crawling over obstacles at low speeds to create grip for tires on the ground when you stick wheels in the air! I had both of my axles "arb LOCKED" on my wrangler unlimited. I know all about them (as I am a mechanic as my job at the moment) I would not install a locker on a sports car no more than I would use said sports car to move my house furniture. Try again!

8. custom90gt

Reputations:
    You totally missed the point.

The point is the XPS gives you all the features of a gaming laptop but won't allow you to use them. For instance you're saying that the XPS isn't designed to use the CPU and GPU at the same time. Why have both if you can't use them?

That is exactly like a rubicon giving you all the options to wheel but then limiting them. That's exactly like saying you can't use the rear locker when it's in 4wd because it will put too much stress on the transfercase, and you certainly can't use the front locker as well... You would be pissed if your jeep couldn't use its features off road, I dunno why you're so cool with the XPS limiting its features.

And yes I had ARBs in my TJ, I realize what a locker is for... I wouldn't have sprung for a ZR2 if I didn't...

9. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No, my friend, you are missing the point. The XPS is NOT A GAMING device. That would be like saying I want this Ferrari to off road with...it has the power to do so. ...SIMPLE...if you can't understand that, then I guess you have comprehension issues. If you want to game buy an Alienware, or something. SIMPLE.

10. custom90gt

Reputations:
    So you're saying the XPS is a mall crawler and even though it's set up to handle gaming it simply can't (aka looks pretty but is not functional). If you want to use a Ferrari as an example it would be like one that is speed limited to 55mph but wants to be a track car. Your offroading of a Ferrari example doesn't make sense. We are discussing something that has ALL of the components to do something but can't handle it. Your argument would be better suited for a laptop with a 8750h and no dedicated GPU wanting to be a gaming rig. Anyway I'll leave it at that as we've wasted enough of this thread's space.