XPS 14, keyboard gone, broke some motherboard clips

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by NYCtech, May 16, 2019.

1. NYCtech

NYCtech Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys please help, Ive uploaded the pics into a gallery. Why Is my sound not work?

What are each clips used for, and that ribbon from the sound card over, what is that for? it doesnt seem to want to sit in place.

2. NYCtech

Reputations:
    No help. if nobody here has the knowledge I doubt anywhere on the internet will

3. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I mean it's hard to tell from the pictures. It looks like the black IO cable going into the MB also has a broken clip? If so, that's why your sound doesn't work. The clips not only function to retain the cables, they also function to press the cable against the connector. If you're crafty, perhaps you can find something to force the cable up into the connector (like a folded sheet of paper or something) and then tape down the connections.

toughasnails likes this.
  4. NYCtech

Reputations:
    Thats what I thought, its definitely due to the sound card and its ribbon imo. But I have them down tight, so Im not sure why they are not working. The bios battery, if I had that plugged in around the wrong way the PC just wouldnt start right? I tried to change it around but it doesnt fit that way.