xps 13 track pad

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by nynoah, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nynoah

nynoah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I know this is just probably me getting use to the new track pad. I am currently going insane dealing with ghost touches and the trackpad thinking I want to click but I am just meaning to go from one place to another. I looked all over in the mouse settings and can only see basic settings in windows to turn on tap to click or turn it off. Is there a driver I can download that will give me more options. I want to make it a double click so I get less ghost mis clicks.

Anyone know of any solution. I know with my old laptop synatics had something I could do to fix that.

2. didsip

didsip Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There's a search function, you know?

Jiff likes this.
  3. nynoah

nynoah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    And my Kaby one is new. The driver answers I found are for the older models. Are they the same? I have no clue, so I figured I would ask.

4. arshcaria

arshcaria Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There is a threading talking about replacing trackpad drivers. If the newer version laptop is still using synaptics then it is compatible.

5. mujjuman

mujjuman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have the same problem with my laptop and none of the "fixes" fixed it for me... I use a bluetooth mouse 99% of the time anyway

6. Bigmouth

Bigmouth Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Pretty sure the drivers are the same. So far as I can tell, the Microsoft PTP driver hasn't been updated in years and the Synaptics are just generic drivers.

That said, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to find a software fix for what may well be a hardware problem. If you've done all the updates and are still having problems, you might want to just send it in for warranty service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.