XPS 13 9370 (2018) - Killer wifi driver update?

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Mikkel P, Feb 11, 2018.

1. monty47

monty47 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    To answer OP's question: I have no issues with the wifi, and I am on a 5GHz wifi network. Having used a butterfly keyboard on MBP, I can say that typing is much more confortable on the xps13 2018.
    No coil whine for my unit. If you are planning to use it on windows, do take into the consideration fan noises (or limit CPUs with the `quiet' mode, but then why pay for an expensive CPU?). On linux, no problems and I am very happy.

2. aj84

aj84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think a lot of the keyboard travel "issues" are purely down to getting used to it. I am a developer and use the keyboard a fair bit in all the coding etc. No issues with the 9370. Yes there have been issues going from an IBM to a Dell Precision and a Dell Precision to a Surface and a Surface to the 9370 but once I'm used to it, I have no issues/typos etc.

On the killer wifi, I'm on 12.0.0.448 and can't say I've had any issues.

3. irev210

irev210 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I was having issues and I upgraded to the 1/28/18 12.0.0.468 and performance is much improved.

I'd recommend everyone make sure you are on the latest drivers.

4. rexibaby987

rexibaby987 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Great! no coil whine on XPS 9370. I am using one for a few weeks now. No thermal throttle issue. Very cool to touch. fan hardly kick in. Screen is 4K so Pixel density is about as high as a notebook can get. Go for it!.

kojack likes this.
  5. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There are nice photo apps/programs available for the dell now...Plus with mobile connect you can connect your iphone to your dell via the app, and send and receive messages and calls from your iphone. It's a really great polished system. BTW, I would go dell hands down over the macbook pro, sell it, make some money after buying the dell.