XPS 12 Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by swenpro, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnieutah

johnieutah Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Passive adaptor definitely won't work IMO, I had to buy an active one (which wasn't that much more in the end) and then it worked as expected.

2. johnieutah

Reputations:
    Does anyone know where I can source a new battery for my Haswell XPS12? I would rather buy something official from Dell rather than risk it on ebay...

3. Italiano

Italiano Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anybody made WiDi work on Windows 10?

It worked for me on Windows 8.1 but can't get it to work on Windows 10. Sometimes it says "something went wrong", other times it connects but the TV screen stays blank and notification pops up on TV saying "The video data is not supported".

Tried with Dell and Intel drivers.

4. Chris Procter

Chris Procter Newbie

Reputations:
    my Dell Laptop is 24 months old
    12" XPS 8gb ram 256ssd
    2 days ago about 5 minutes after switching it on for what ever reason it has shut itself down and wont power up at all been messing around trying holding the power button on about 12 times and about 6 times held the button on for about twenty seconds and get nothing

no attempt to boot no dell logo as it boots nothing just a black screen
    the led lights on the side are active but just a black screen

not knowing much about Laptops any one have any suggestions as to getting this thing fired up again

must add the power lead into the laptop is also lit up but just a complete shutdown and wont attempt to boot no noise nothing

tried holding F2 along with 10 seconds on power still nothing

tried hooking up an external screen still lnothing

tried again today and strangely enough the keyboard backlight comes on when I press the power on button but still no response
    now at my wits end at the moment I cannot find my paperwork it came with but I bought it online from dell UK

any thoughts as to whats happened and does anyone know the \uk dell support number obviously going to have to phone them up

5. cartmanotfat

cartmanotfat Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, I'm experiencing the same issue and after 10 days of dayly use, I can really say that I lost 2-3h of battery life... Does somebody find a solution ? Thanks in advance

6. theriko

theriko Ronin

Reputations:
    I found that a clean reinstall of 10 fixed my battery issues, I installed the drivers from Dell's website

cartmanotfat likes this.
  7. cartmanotfat

cartmanotfat Newbie

Reputations:
    In my case I updated to 10 with windows update. Then I select "resetting without conserving datas" in advanced start
    Is that a clean install ?

8. shrmn

shrmn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That would not count as a clean install. I would recommend creating a windows 10 USB installation media, then boot from it and format your SSD before installing.

9. johnieutah

Reputations:
    I've been living with this poor battery life problem for 6 months now. I never did a clean install for the Win10 upgrade, I wonder if it still work for me? Why is this recommended though, regarding battery problems?

10. drvenom

drvenom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just spoke to dell and they're going to replace my screen because of the screen retention issue. I hope the new panel doesn't have the screen retention issue.

dan76 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.