XNOTE P330 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'LG' started by Convel, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giannos

giannos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Essin

Essin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    LED is just the light source behind the screen, it doesn't have anything to do with TN or IPS etc.

Another question is if somebody knows that the crucial m4 msata SSD works with p330? I know that the 2.5 inch version dose work but is the msata working as well?

3. Convel

Convel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As Essin said, LED is just the type of illumination used. Samsung, for one, sold LED-backlit TVs before they were marketed as being "LED displays". There's also different ways of illuminating the panel using LED that you're better off being familiar with. LCD TVs that use LEDs as a light source are being marketed as a new breed of TVs and OLED doesn't sound much different, so it's easy to get confused.
    There have been no reports of incompatible mSata SSDs yet, so you should be safe in assuming that it will work.

4. giannos

Reputations:
    m4 256GB is the one i'm using. Is working ok after flashing the new bios. However, I don't get the speeds of SATA-3 but only SATA-2. See my post LG P330 vs P310 to see the benchmarks on my pc.

I hope LG to announce a laptop with IPS display soon, and be compatible with this laptop. I know that it will drain the battery quicker but i really don't bother

5. Exclaymation

Exclaymation Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I hope LG releases a new BIOS update to sort out the fan issues.

6. giannos

Reputations:
    What bios do you use and what issues do u have?

7. Exclaymation

Reputations:
    I'm using Version F12 which was posted here a few weeks ago.
    LG

The fans don't seem to go to max speed, causing the laptop to overheat and shutdown. I got a base with a couple of fans attached to keep it from getting too hot in summer and whenever I play games, I have to put a pedestal fan facing the laptop on max speed (it looks pretty funny).

8. giannos

Reputations:
    I am using that bios as well but i didn't notice something like that. Have u noticed anyone's else post issung the same thing?

9. Exclaymation

Reputations:
    Convel mentioned that there was some erratic behaviour from his fans too, but doesn't seem to be as bad as mine.

Giannos, do you use processor intensive applications (such as games)? I have flashed the BIOS twice in case there was some issues, but the fans still don't speed up to max.

10. Essin

Essin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just wanted to confirm that a crucial m4 msata SSD (128gb) works great with the p330. Very happy know with my machine, 8 gb of ram and a ssd disk makes everything go in lightspeed:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.