XMG Core 15

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by sicily428, Aug 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Just the P950HP6 and P950HR. HS sounds like it got conflated with the P650xx.

2. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thanks, it is pretty understated and streamlined in the flesh too ;-) Maybe you mean "so no MAQ-Q 1070" ?!!!? 1060 is all you would want in a chassis that depth tbh.

XMG is all gaming and VR etc biased; SCHENKER is office, workstation, business, VR, CAD etc etc - all on laptop and PC side - so overlaping some products is unavoidable. There are sometimes different config options, different warranties for businesses vs home users and so on which differentiate. Plus occasionally different panels, for example you're less likely to want a 120Hz TN panel for business so you might not see that option on a SCHENKER vs the same chassis XMG model.

Done ;)

4004 likes this.
  3. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    When do we get to see the internals of the Core 15?

4. XMG

Reputations:
    @600X - when it hits the market, or reviewed ;-) Around the 20th September, it's on pre-order at the moment on our website.

5. Pflip

Pflip Newbie

Reputations:
    What is the chassis made of? Abs plastic? Aluminum?
    Will there be the chance to configure a different language layout for the keyboard (maybe Italian :p)?

6. XMG

Reputations:
    Unfortunately only German keyboard to start with, it's not a "drop in" keyboard but semi-integrated. We'll see how the product and demand develop, but hopefully we can offer more keybaords in the future.

Chassis is plastic, very good build quality and solid construction.

7. Zuuk

Zuuk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Looks good for an "entry level" priced machine. Looks similar to the older HP omen laptop that had similar venting grid patter and steep beveled sides. Looks better than most so called high end machines.

Just returned a 2016 Macbook pro 15" and thinking of my next move, this might be added to the competition with a P641 and a 14" Blade.

8. Alien69

Alien69 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It reminds me Quanta notebooks, but I'm not sure.

IF it is a Quanta I wouldn't be so excited, but I'm interested to check some reviews :)

9. Paska Houso

Paska Houso Newbie

Reputations:
    Would it be possible to get it without the numpad? I.e: with the keyboard centered (just like the touchpad is clearly centered in the pictures)

For sure many people like the numpad ... but typing with either the hands shifted to the left or the head looking to the right ... is not the right stance. Furthermore, the right hand is poised to land on the touchpad during typing: does the touchpad deactivate itself when typing until a timeout expires? (HP does it for example)

A keyboard like in 14" laptops (with a maximum of 1 extra column on the right) which is very slightly shifted to the left would be perfect.

It's a super laptop which does not only work for gaming but for many other things and some people like myself would never connect it to a real keyboard, hence the need for centered one to avoid postural issues.

10. Alien69

Alien69 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can't customize that in any laptop, but you can always connect an external keyboard. :)

XMG likes this.