XenForo upgrade - Post bugs and other issues here

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by brubenstein, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    @James D

There is no indication of post made by you in this thread yesterday (or for that matter within a few days).
    There are no posts pending moderation (as far as I can see) and no moderator action on the list that might indicate it has been deleted on purpose.

I'm afraid it might have been lost in transition.

2. namaiki

namaiki "basically rocks" Super Moderator

Reputations:
  3. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thank you guys for being responsive. Oh well, will write it again, not a very big deal, not so small post too though:)

4. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I can't figure out a way to do that. By the way was that option really available on vB? Not sure about vB4 but I'm on another forum running vB3.8.8 and I don't have that option.

5. nipsen

nipsen Notebook Ditty

Reputations:
  6. namaiki

namaiki "basically rocks" Super Moderator

Reputations:
  7. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    It hurts my eyes to read this. I have tried different styles. It looks like a dumbed down version of a forum now... Like it was made for 12 year olds.

After almost 8 years and over 7k posts... I think I am done here.

M.J.S. likes this.
  8. brubenstein

brubenstein Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I'll be responding to some of these unanswered questions, going back to the beginning of the thread. I appreciate your patience as we work through the issues - we know things aren't perfect. A few general notes:
    - There's still some work being done on older threads to update the code/images (converted from HTML to BB), so those should be looking better soon. If there is HTML in your signature, that's something you will need to update yourself.
    - We'll look into avatar issues - you shouldn't need to re-upload, but there could be a size limit difference that we have to look at. The one case we do know about is that .bmp files are not supported.
    - Styles. I understand that some are not loving the available styles. We are open to suggestions for adding new styles and adjusting the current ones. If there were an exact replica of what we were using on vBulletin, we'd have used it as an option, but this is one of the challenges of moving to a new platform (which was done more for reasons of security, management and performance). We'll continue to work on things there.

9. brubenstein

Reputations:
    The scale of the avatars on VB4 is something we're aware of. For other styles there shouldn't be an issue, but I will adjust the size limit to see if that changes things for those avatars affected.

10. brubenstein

Reputations:
    You can search for only posts/threads newer than a certain date by using the Newer Than option in the quick search box on any page. By default it will return the most relevant results (we can change this to most recent if people want). If you want to see the most recent results first, use the Advanced Search (click 'More' under the search box) and choose 'Most Recent' under 'Order By'.

Screenshot 2015-01-29 08.11.58.png

Screenshot 2015-01-29 08.17.24.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.